The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WC Splitter pics installed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm considering a WC splitter. does anyone have pics of them installed on their car? I'm hoping to gauge how big a nuisance it'll be on the street.
oh, any commentary on that subject welcome too.

Same here. Per your other comment I purchased a splitter bracket separately and will install the bracket when I install my tow hook. If or when I but the WC splitter I'll sell the extra bracket.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
542960_10100196243448554_1494726895_n.jpg

197608_10100175306286794_438364145_n.jpg

522285_10100183690115534_576347680_n.jpg

396724_10100194011885624_1015729401_n.jpg

It's really not a big deal on the street unless you are going in/out of steep inclines, in which case you'll have to enter at a diagonal. I've scraped it a bunch of times but it holds up pretty well. Also my car is about an inch lower than stock in the front. You will have to be wary of parking blocks and tall curbing when parking front-end in.

fuhrius said:
Rick, that's a great idea...where'd you find your bracket separately?
I do have good ideas every once in a while. ;)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-17a626-mb

and free shipping.

The WC splitter is much more user friendly than the LS splitter on the street. It's more important to have the splitter closer to the ground than it is to have it stick out further. Note the spacer in this photo.

IMG_1561.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Smilieboy said:
FUUUUUUU. You too, your the other one that always makes me want to buy stuff. Really want a tiger hood and front splitter now.

DO IT!

NFSBOSS said:
I do have good ideas every once in a while. ;)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-17a626-mb

and free shipping.

The WC splitter is much more user friendly than the LS splitter on the street. It's more important to have the splitter closer to the ground than it is to have it stick out further. Note the spacer in this photo.

IMG_1561.jpg

I want to do the same thing when I install mine. I noticed that on Paul Brown's Boss. What did you use?

http://www.kennybrown.com/sites/default/files/blog-images/290761_10150302557365888_206511565887_8207036_659186718_o.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
This might not be logical but I'm more worried about the splitter causing damage running off the track than I am bumping into things on the street. ::) I saw this happen in person.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/duffinator1/Duffy%20Boss/P1020697.jpg[/ig]
[/quote]

I went off track on one of the first events I had with the splitter on, that image was going through my mind the whole time. Fortunately the splitter was untouched, just a bunch of dirt and rocks in my LS trans scoop.

If you go off into a gravel trap, however, that might sink the front of the car enough for the splitter to bite and rip off. Then you're looking at a new front bumper cover, undertray, and splitter assembly.

I've been off at MPH and honestly it just very efficiently mowed the alfalfa. It was cutting it down like a combine. In fact, there was so much flying that it sucked tons of it right through the brake cooling hoses and when it hit the rotors they were smoking like Bob Marley ;D

I also went off at BIR where it tends to be pretty rough. I basically was straddling the curbing on Turn 3 and was pretty worried about ripping it off but no issues.

Eddie I can't remember who's car that belongs to but I think it was in the Rehagan pits. Maybe CaptainDistraction will remember as his pits were next to it. That looks like ABS plastic similar to the material the lower valance is made of on our cars. I was told you could make one from 1" thick building Styrofoam you buy at Home Depot and cover it in black duct tape. That's probably how the one on PB's car was made. ;) I've inquired at a couple of vendors about making one but they both thought it would be such a low volume piece there wouldn't be any profit in it. I may research it more and see what it would cost to make 100 of them. The key would be to have it universal enough to fit both the 2012 and 2013 Boss/GT's.

I've seen a couple of others that were loose or adjustable depending on your perspective. I think the idea was to get it as low as possible but have it lift up a bit if it scraped on anything. Not completely sure. In most race classes it's all spec anyway regarding size and how low it can be.

TMO Supporting Vendors