The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WC Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gents,
I'm contemplating getting the WC splitter for my 2012 Boss (m-16601-s) and pairing it with the Steeda functional rear wing (#476). Any thoughts on this combo? Also, will the same WC splitter fit the Boss 302S tubular front bumper and can I buy less than the full kit (bumper has mounting points for the turnbuckles)?
Thanks for the advice?
The tubular front bumper works with any of the front splitters. FYI the tubular bumpers works with all years(S197) but the splitters are year specific.

The Steeda rear Wings were used on the 302R which utilized the stock Boss chin spoiler (not the WC or Laguna spoiler)
Per the Boss hand book, you should install the Laguna rear spoiler if you want to use the Laguna front splitter at the track....

Jumping in just to learn something, but is the Laguna Seca rear spoiler the same as the GT/CS rear spoiler (2012)?
So, adding the laguna seca piece to the GT/CS front bumper would essentially leave me with the laguna front and rear bodywork (minus fog lights in place of brake ducts)?

Jumping in just to learn something, but is the Laguna Seca rear spoiler the same as the GT/CS rear spoiler (2012)?
So, adding the laguna seca piece to the GT/CS front bumper would essentially leave me with the laguna front and rear bodywork (minus fog lights in place of brake ducts)?

Yes, same spoiler for LS/California Special. Ditto on the brake ducts. You would need the upper and lower grille to complete the actual Boss body work....

The big ass G Stream carries a big ass price tag, whereas the Steeda wing is relatively inexpensive. It was supposedly designed by Ford engineers and Embry Riddle Aeronautical University aerodynamic engineers. If it adds any downforce to the rear end, I would think the front end would something beyond the the Boss stock street splitter. I guess Steeda would say I need their splitter.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The Steeda rear Wings were used on the 302R which utilized the stock Boss chin spoiler (not the WC or Laguna spoiler)

The 302Rs used the older style '05-'09 Steeda wing and used adapter plates to match the contour of the '10+ decklid. The Steeda '476' is for the '10 to '14 and has a '3D' profile and was not approved/used on the 302R as far as I know.

The big ass G Stream carries a big ass price tag, whereas the Steeda wing is relatively inexpensive. It was supposedly designed by Ford engineers and Embry Riddle Aeronautical University aerodynamic engineers. If it adds any downforce to the rear end, I would think the front end would something beyond the the Boss stock street splitter. I guess Steeda would say I need their splitter.

I don't think the Steeda wings (or LS) generate enough downforce to 'need' a splitter up front. At least not from a safety and/or balance standpoint. It wouldn't hurt to pair it with either splitter at near stock ride heights or rake.

I'm running the 2011 early 2012 Grand Am Aero package. Steeda rear wing with no front splitter. At 140mph it's still has very stable. Grip in corners is more mechanical than aero. You do get to feel what the car is doing. I do run the Tiger Race hood to prevent lift.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel