The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WC Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/body-parts/functional/2010-12-mustang-gt-world-challenge-splitter-kit-m-16601-s/

BigTaco said:
https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/body-parts/functional/2010-12-mustang-gt-world-challenge-splitter-kit-m-16601-s/
Are these strictly 10-12 only? Or are they also '13 compatible? I just got off the phone with Ford and they stated they don't know.

No, these will not fit the 2013.
If you have a 2013 then the part you want is the 2013 Laguna Seca M-16601-MBA kit. That is what was used on the 2013-14 WC cars (or a carbon fiber version later on through 2015-16 in PWC). Assuming you have a Boss, the kit will bolt right up. If you do not have a boss, you will need M-16601-MBKIT to make it all work.

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on doing this for looks or are you looking for more down force at the track?

BigTaco said:
No, these will not fit the 2013.
If you have a 2013 then the part you want is the 2013 Laguna Seca M-16601-MBA kit. That is what was used on the 2013-14 WC cars (or a carbon fiber version later on through 2015-16 in PWC). Assuming you have a Boss, the kit will bolt right up. If you do not have a boss, you will need M-16601-MBKIT to make it all work.

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on doing this for looks or are you looking for more down force at the track?
I'm looking for more down force, not a big fan of the laguna seca splitter since it's not as street friendly as the WC.

Neither one is easy to live with on the street. Make sure you add something at the rear or you may upset the balance at track speeds....

BigTaco said:
Neither one is easy to live with on the street. Make sure you add something at the rear or you may upset the balance at track speeds....
Thanks! Will keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my LS splitter on my car for the last 6 months without a problem on the street. As long as I keep my distance when pulling into a parking spot and go up my driveway at a bit of an angle I'm fine. I've never had it scrape while driving down the road.

You guys really, really need to quit running the PWC splitter with the stock rear spoiler or even the IMSA wing, it was designed to work with the bigger wing used in PWC, and the IMSA splitter with the IMSA wing, it's been tunnel tested forever, and basically they should be treated as a matched set.

blacksheep-1 said:
You guys really, really need to quit running the PWC splitter with the stock rear spoiler or even the IMSA wing, it was designed to work with the bigger wing used in PWC, and the IMSA splitter with the IMSA wing, it's been tunnel tested forever, and basically they should be treated as a matched set.
What about with the boss 302r wing?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
blacksheep-1 said:

For 2012, the Laguna Secas came with a slightly bigger splitter than the PWC one, for use with its stock wing. My understanding is that both pieces provide ~90 to 100lbf each at 100 mph. I don't see why using them together would be an issue. Stock tires were staggered 255F/285R, and I'd expect sway bar changes would balance the car for running square.

Currently running my stock LS wing and oem splitter. If taking out the deflector, does it effect the car?

Grant 302 said:
For 2012, the Laguna Secas came with a slightly bigger splitter than the PWC one, for use with its stock wing. My understanding is that both pieces provide ~90 to 100lbf each at 100 mph. I don't see why using them together would be an issue. Stock tires were staggered 255F/285R, and I'd expect sway bar changes would balance the car for running square.

Maybe they know something we don't, but our IMSA cars were in a tunnel and that worked extremely well and was balanced, (square setup) The same with the PWC deal, when we played mix and match at the Daytona runoffs bad things happened, AJ is a great driver and he was saying no way. this was on 215 square (I think) anyway, the 170 mph lap was with the PWC stuff

Chriss_302 said:
Currently running my stock LS wing and oem splitter. If taking out the deflector, does it effect the car?

If your talking about the black panel in the center of the car, right behind the splitter, yes.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don't think that's quite comparing apples to apples. Most of us don't have spacers above the splitters. My understanding is that makes quite a difference. On the order of +50 to 100% or more downforce. My splitter just clears 6" precast concrete wheel stops, and I only go about another 1/2" down for the track. Sub-3" clearance would be 'ideal' and I'm sure PWC cars are much closer to that.

Gents,
I'm contemplating getting the WC splitter for my 2012 Boss (m-16601-s) and pairing it with the Steeda functional rear wing (#476). Any thoughts on this combo? Also, will the same WC splitter fit the Boss 302S tubular front bumper and can I buy less than the full kit (bumper has mounting points for the turnbuckles)?
Thanks for the advice?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel