The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WDCR-SCCA Summit Point PDX Vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This past weekend was SCCA's first PDX here at Summit Point. We all had a blast!
Weather was cooperative on Saturday, but on Sunday it started snowing towards the end of the day, with temperatures dropping to mid-30's. Since I've been out at the track when wet and dry, I wanted to add snow to the list, so I stuck around lol.

Steve, it was good seeing you again. I saw you packing and was going to stop by, but I missed you leaving.

Brandon, never got the chance to meet you in person; saw your car a couple of times tho. What car and group was your dad running in? Was it the primed foxbody in intermediate?

My goal for the event was to beat my time of 1:30's from last season, which I did, and gain more confidence with the throttle. Now, I have to beat 1:29 and go into 28's.

Here's a vid of a couple of laps from Sunday. GoPro is mounted to my helmet, with the external mic mounted next to the side-pipe :p
As always, any input and driving advice is appreciated!

I'll try to post some pics later as well.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3yb-igZA0[/youtube]

My dads car was the primed fox, it didn't seem to be as quick as I would have hoped, he thought he could hold off the Bosses but I knew it wouldn't happen.

I enjoyed watching the video. I envy you so much!:( Californians the bastards lol
Stock suspension?
Tires? Rivals?size?
Just because you asked for input, I think it is a good thing to commit to 9-3 o'clock steering position while cornering too, I noticed you were shuffling at times.

Rabee
Detroit ( it was 7 degree this morning, just saying)

I would suggest committing to your steering arc and keeping it around 6-7, you can clip that apex easily if you steer with the throttle, lift oversteer is good for that.

Thanks for the tips guys.

The steering wheel shuffling is left from my corolla days, which gave me plenty of time to shuffle the steering wheel. With the Boss, I'm starting to realize that shuffling is not fast enough to keep up with the car, so I'm slowly trying to break that habit.

Brandon, your dad's mustang looked pretty good out there, he was missing a few apexes, which is probably the reason why the Bosses caught up :p. Steve mentioned you were flagging a corner, which one was it?

Rabee, I wish we had California weather! Summit Point's in West Virginia, and it started snowing right before our last session.
But as far as the car, it has stock suspension, 18x10 Forgestar F14's, 285/35 Hankook RS3's all around, and Carbotech XP12/10 combo brake pads.

That looks like fun. I like your G-Meter too. ;) I would try not to move your hands so much. I rarely move mine on the wheel and had that reinforced karting. My first track day is this Thursday at Spring Mountain in Nevada driving a new Z51 Stingray with a couple of other members. Temps should be in the 70's,

F.D. Sako said:
Thanks for the tips guys.

The steering wheel shuffling is left from my corolla days, which gave me plenty of time to shuffle the steering wheel. With the Boss, I'm starting to realize that shuffling is not fast enough to keep up with the car, so I'm slowly trying to break that habit.

Brandon, your dad's mustang looked pretty good out there, he was missing a few apexes, which is probably the reason why the Bosses caught up :p. Steve mentioned you were flagging a corner, which one was it?

Rabee, I wish we had California weather! Summit Point's in West Virginia, and it started snowing right before our last session.
But as far as the car, it has stock suspension, 18x10 Forgestar F14's, 285/35 Hankook RS3's all around, and Carbotech XP12/10 combo brake pads.

I was flagging 9, so I was able to see most of the 2nd half of the course. I did notice he was inconsistent which might be because it was his first time, that above all seems to be one of the harder things to master.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel