The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WEBCAST: How to Modify and Set Up your Mustang for the Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you have Facebook, you can check out this in-depth interview with my partners at Stinger Motorsport and CorteX Racing, which covers everything from just getting started, to crafting a full-on race car. Video link here.

We had some good discussion during the broadcast, so the original 90 mins turned into about 3.5 hours--but you will hear a lot about how to make S197s and S550s work well for all stages of track use, featuring CorteX Racing owner & principal engineer Filip Trojanek, and former Ford SVT Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Gene Martindale.

Check it out!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I could of used this eight years ago when I started down this road. Great insight from some guys that can explain things in layman's terms. I really enjoyed how they covered every aspect of suspension setup and how not every fix works for every race rat. Thanks for sharing Drew. I learned alot.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I could of used this eight years ago when I started down this road. Great insight from some guys that can explain things in layman's terms. I really enjoyed how they covered every aspect of suspension setup and how not every fix works for every race rat. Thanks for sharing Drew. I learned alot.

I'm in the same boat. Would have been great information years ago :) But hopefully it can help out some people just getting started or in a transitional phase!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good video.

It's almost refreshing to see a video about technical subjects that doesn't contain BS and marketing fluff. The only reason I say 'almost' is that was long to watch the whole thing. And TMO is certainly the exception regarding their forum comment...

I didn't think there would be anything that would make it easier for me to recommend CorteX products...but there it is.

I do not have the TA on my car.
I really liked how Filip and Gene covered this topic. TAs are great for the older platforms Fox/SN95...and for more compliant setups.

And how many times did that poor mouse get dropped?! :eek:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
I'm in the same boat. Would have been great information years ago :) But hopefully it can help out some people just getting started or in a transitional phase!
Gonna have to make time to watch it. Hopefully I can pause it from time to time, because it sounds like there's a lot there, and I'll be trying to fit it in with the way I currently tend to look at these things. I have seen a couple of Filip's videos before, which may help.

Norm

TMO Supporting Vendors