The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Weekend / 'Track Night' Toy Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking GT 350 and welcome to TMO! Hope you are able to get to the track in the next few months and how far are you from Palmer? Feel free to ask folks on the site for camber settings, tire pressures , etc., everyone here is willing to help when we can.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Massachusetts
I'm about 75 miles from Palmer, I live in Quincy (just south of Boston). My GT350 only has 48 miles on it right now, so I gotta break it in before I take it down to Thompson. The weather is supposed to be good next week, so hopefully I can take it outta the garage and stretch its legs a bit. The first mod I have to do (after getting PPF for the front) is a tow hook. Any recommendations?

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Massachusetts
Great looking GT 350 and welcome to TMO! Hope you are able to get to the track in the next few months and how far are you from Palmer? Feel free to ask folks on the site for camber settings, tire pressures , etc., everyone here is willing to help when we can.
Dude, nice Boss 302 btw!!! Pictures of my prior two Mustangs.. My old Mach 1 at New England Dragway (Fall of '87 I believe), and my '88 GT.

Mach1drags5.jpg

gt88.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gotta a kick out of your pictures as that could have been me, only it would have been 1977, and I would have been standing in front of a brown Trans Am, ha. Great to see you have such a long and interesting history with Mustangs, as I did not get my first one till 1997 with a Cobra. Great car and it was followed by a 99 Cobra and then not another till a 2021 Boss. Next came a 2013 SBY Boss 302 LS, a white GT 350 , and then I reverted backwards so I could get a Mustang to run W2W instead of just Time Trials. There are many times I miss the GT 350 , there is no doubt it will go down as one of the best Mustangs ever built! Enjoy and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Massachusetts
Gotta a kick out of you pictures as that could have been me, only it would have been 1977, and I would have been standing in front of a brown Trans Am, ha. Great to see you have such a long and interesting history with Mustangs, as I did not get my first one till 1997 with a Cobra. Great car and it was followed by a 99 Cobra and then not another till a 2021 Boss. Next came a 2013 SBY Boss 302 LS, a white GT 350 , and then I reverted backwards so I could get a Mustang to run W2W instead of just Time Trials. There are many times I miss the GT 350 , there is no doubt it will go down as one of the best Mustangs ever built! Enjoy and keep us posted.
Thanks for the tips! And i will keep you posted!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel