The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Weight balance and scaling set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FWIW the Boss race cars are setup with AST.
They are built/setup and valved in Ontario local to me. The person I spoke with wasn't sure which car it was, but I'm assuming it's 302S/R.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
boro92 said:
FWIW the Boss race cars are setup with AST.
They are built/setup and valved in Ontario local to me. The person I spoke with wasn't sure which car it was, but I'm assuming it's 302S/R.

The drivers / teams can specify the shocks they want to run as long as the dampers fit within the ruleset:

Some run AST.
Some run Moton.
Some run MCS.
Some run MultiMatic.
Some run JRZ.

Check the decals as they go zooming by on race day.

Looks like the 2014's come with either Multimatic or Sachs.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687

NFSBOSS said:
Looks like the 2014's come with either Multimatic or Sachs.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687

The FR mule was running multimatics @ VIR Superfest...

FRMulti_zpsf0256f51.jpg

Note the remote reservior 8)

NFSBOSS said:
Any thoughts on AST?

FWIW (2) The race team here in FL told me the Koni's I had installed off the 302R are the best. They ran them as long as they could before new rules forced the change after the series became the CTSCC. I think it was two years after the change from Koni Challenge. They are running the ASI's now and said they would put the Koni's back on in a second if the rules allowed.

YellowBoss said:
FWIW (2) The race team here in FL told me the Koni's I had installed off the 302R are the best. They ran them as long as they could before new rules forced the change after the series became the CTSCC. I think it was two years after the change from Koni Challenge. They are running the ASI's now and said they would put the Koni's back on in a second if the rules allowed.
I should clarify and state that I'm referring to reasonably priced coil overs like the base 4150's for track days and not race cars. There are lots of nice options for the race cars, just bring your Visa card. ;D

NFSBOSS said:
I should clarify and state that I'm referring to reasonably priced coil overs like the base 4150's for track days and not race cars. There are lots of nice options for the race cars, just bring your Visa card. ;D

I did say "FWIW"

The other side here is paying twice for parts. I paid for a driveshaft, shifter etc. only to buy a Tremec. P springs then coilovers. Rollbar and now I need a cage. I have a pile of parts let over that cost plenty. Face it Rick your car is a track car, you are just slower to realize this then some of us (and I fought reality for a longggg time). I understand what you are saying but remember the coilover are only one part of adding coilovers. You need the control arms, bumpsteer, bushing kit (which may require the reprogrammed EPAS), sway bars, etc., like you said bring the Visa.

Yea it's easy for me to say as I have been very fortunate to have a race team willing to work on my car. Most likely I would have questioned the cost of the Koni's new but the old saying is true you get what you pay for.

TMO Supporting Vendors