The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

weird start this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

went to start my car this morning @ 11 and its cool outside not really very cold here in san antonio texas. the car started but for a second it felt like it wanted to turn off, just a for a second, almost like it was missing when a plug is bad. it was fine after the rpms settled.

has anyone else had this prob? i am thinking that it was just cold.

How long had it been since you last started your Boss? If it does it again take it to your dealer and have them check it out.

it was only parked overnight and started around noon.

silver key, i have not had the track key installed yet.

I went to start mine the other day and it didn't fire the first time, that never happened before and it hasn't since then. I'm hoping it an anomaly.

About a month ago mine stalled as i was pulling away from a stop light. Almost like it was flooded like the old carb cars used to do. I was rolling so i popped the clutch and it fired off and ran fine. I have 4500 miles and that was the only issue i have had.

About 6 months ago leaving a stop light making a left turn, I had it bog down for no reason. I think I posted this somewhere. I smelled exhaust afterwards and the dealer couldn't find anything. Told me to bring back right away if it happens again. That hasn't happened again either. At least it's been logged with them.

Sesshomurai

racered302 said:
About 6 months ago leaving a stop light making a left turn, I had it bog down for no reason. I think I posted this somewhere. I smelled exhaust afterwards and the dealer couldn't find anything. Told me to bring back right away if it happens again. That hasn't happened again either. At least it's been logged with them.

could be an oxygen sensor fluke where it gives a sudden bad reading causing the ECM to go too rich for a moment, creating a bog. just a guess though.happens to many cars on occassion.

TMO Supporting Vendors