The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Welcome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BadBoss said:
Hello from Randleman North Carolina (home of nascar driver Richard Petty) just joined today!

Been looking at the GT's since last fall and the more I read about the mustangs the more I was convinced that the BOSS would be the one to have. So I placed my order and put a deposit down Saturday on a Race Red w/Black Stripes. I added the Racaro Seat w/3.73 diff option. Only other option I saw was the car cover and floor mats, which I didn't get. May pick them up later, or should I just add that to the order too? Anyway, order should be pulled this week I was told and should get here last week of March or first of April. Never ordered a car like this before so I'm sure I will have a lot of questions, like what's the next step. Should the dealer get a conformation and a build date? Would the vin number be next?
Welcome to Boss Mustangs Online. We've had a similar path where I started looking at the GT 5.0 last summer and once the Boss was announced decided to hold out to see if I could get one. Although I've ordered a kona blue Boss the red/black was my next choice. I've owned a couple of red cars before but never a blue one so blue it is. You might as well get the mats/cover. Once the car is "serialized" and you get your VIN then you will be able to check on production week and then delivery. Good luck with your delivery.

Hello, all. Red Wing (yes the shoes) MN. Like others here I have a Boss on order. Race Red with black accents. Standard Boss - will mostly be street driven so no need for one any hotter than out of the box. Second phase delivery according to dealer which means May build date with summer delivery. Will be checking here to get the dope from those of you with early orders. To say this is exciting is an understatement!

jimprw said:
Hello, all. Red Wing (yes the shoes) MN. Like others here I have a Boss on order. Race Red with black accents. Standard Boss - will mostly be street driven so no need for one any hotter than out of the box. Second phase delivery according to dealer which means May build date with summer delivery. Will be checking here to get the dope from those of you with early orders. To say this is exciting is an understatement!
Congrats and welcome from just over the border (West) ;D

Hello from the Motor City. I have a YB on order with a still unknown build. Which is driving me crazy!! Down stroke on 9/2, order in on 11/22. Boy it sucks knowing more than the dealer does. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. The company I work for does alot of work for Ford. Our equip. does the 5.0 Block, Head & Crank machining at the various Ford plants. I've been lucky enough to know about some of the early Boss project in various forms, but sucks that it can't be shared. I can't wait to take it for a ride! Any of you guys planning to come to Ford World HQ this summer for the big Mustang show and Boss Car reunion? It is one of the best places for this event. I hope to have mine in time, but if not I'll have to take the 69 to the show. I did see a 2012 being driven into Ford Sterling Axle plant last week. It was a CO car with Mfg Plates. Too Cool!

I haven't heard of many YB orders. You should have a unique ride. Although I haven't seen it in person, the color seems very retro and appropriate. Welcome to the site!

Re: New Member

Boss2X said:
Hello from the Motor City. I have a YB on order with a still unknown build. Which is driving me crazy!! Down stroke on 9/2, order in on 11/22. Boy it sucks knowing more than the dealer does. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. The company I work for does alot of work for Ford. Our equip. does the 5.0 Block, Head & Crank machining at the various Ford plants. I've been lucky enough to know about some of the early Boss project in various forms, but sucks that it can't be shared. I can't wait to take it for a ride! Any of you guys planning to come to Ford World HQ this summer for the big Mustang show and Boss Car reunion? It is one of the best places for this event. I hope to have mine in time, but if not I'll have to take the 69 to the show. I did see a 2012 being driven into Ford Sterling Axle plant last week. It was a CO car with Mfg Plates. Too Cool!
Congratulations and welcome. If we say pretty please will you share some Boss info? If not at least tell us more about the Boss Car reunion and post a link if there is one. Also tell us more about your 1969 Boss and be sure to post a photo. A good friend of mine has a 1969 Mach 1 with 428 CJ that he purchased in 1989. Matching numbers and in fabulous condition. I've driven it and it's a brute, loads of torque. The CJ option was $357, that was one hell of an investment.

I added a avatar pix at left of my 69 Boss. Not original color, but is very close to the LS silver. It will be Yellow again someday. I am not a big fan of Silver.

Here are a couple of links to the Mustang Show at Ford HQ in August.

Mustang Owners Club of SE Mich.:
http://www.mocsem.com/events/event_calendar_v2.php?eventid=392
Boss Registry - Boss 302 reunion info:
http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=51147.0

Sorry, can't share info, I want to keep my job. I have a big car payment to make soon. LOL This had been in the works for a few years. We were quoting different parts, mods to existing parts, etc. Every now and then you would hear the Boss name come up, but nothing was ever firm. Being a Boss owner, I was very interested in it. I was really hoping they could have made this in 2009 for a 40th anniversary edition. I am glad they took the time to get it right.

could just PM me the info ;D
Boss2X said:
I added a avatar pix at left of my 69 Boss. Not original color, but is very close to the LS silver. It will be Yellow again someday. I am not a big fan of Silver.

Sorry, can't share info, I want to keep my job. I have a big car payment to make soon. LOL This had been in the works for a few years. We were quoting different parts, mods to existing parts, etc. Every now and then you would hear the Boss name come up, but nothing was ever firm. Being a Boss owner, I was very interested in it. I was really hoping they could have made this in 2009 for a 40th anniversary edition. I am glad they took the time to get it right.

Boss2X said:

Thanks, looks like a fun event. Now if I can plan a business trip around that weekend...actually I'm going to be in Canton Ohio the weekend before that. Maybe I'll have to change my plans.

TMO Supporting Vendors