The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Well road america srsly sucked for us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrote off the 35 car in the kink 30 minutes into the first practice, the car will get a new firewall -forward. Qualified the 32 car 4th on a lap we got held up on and were running as high as 2nd. did the pit stop and on the way out the shifter pulled it's way through the sheetmetal bracket that holds it to the trans...not repairable in time.
On the other hand met some nice folks from the forums, and I was able to reconcile the wheels back to their partners for inventory and inspection.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Watched it on MAVTv yesterday. Looks like it was a pretty crappy race all-around for the Boss'. After having just been at Road America the 1st - 3rd, I could see how any professional race there would lead to a lot of carnage.

Hope your driver is OK after the shunt in the kink.

Tulsa, OK
Major suckage...

Just saw where a racer that is local to me, Kristin Treager, was in an accident there yesterday that caused her Porsche to roll 3 times. Rough weekend for sure.

Racer's edge wrote a car off completely and I think there was 2 more in the ST class. That Cathy Legghe chick just dumped this guy in a honda..it was pretty blatant, he hit driver's side flat to the wall...not good. All the drivers are OK though. Multimatic dropped a car off the jacks..twice, the Stevenson Camaros were both penalized, Rum Bum Porsche wrecked, the door was wide open for us but we didn't execute.

Bummer but glad to hear everyone is ok. Who was driving 35 when it crashed? It will be a couple of weeks until it shows up on TV and I record the series.

GA
Sounds similar to the Grand Am race at Barber a couple of years ago when the first hour of the CSCC was under full caution since nobody could stop crashing in Turn 1.

I would just like to say how awesome all of the Phoenix Racing guys are. Even though they were having a fairly crapy weekend they took the time to talk to my father and I about any thing and everything under the sun.

Blacksheep-1 really seemed to enjoy it when one of his forum fans came up to their paddock and brought up this forum.

I encourage any and all of you to go watch a contental tire race when it gets anywhere close to you, they are great races for the most part "except for the cameros have an unfair advantage."

When you happen to make it to one make sure you stop by the Phoenix trailer they will be happy to have you.

NFSBOSS said:
Cool, maybe we'll give Rob his own sub-forum. 8)

Uhhmm no thanks..lol the guys were ragging on me because someone came up at the last race and asked for Blacksheep-1 so I make sure they all know it when a forum person comes by now. Had a great time talking to Memmer and his dad, I think they may have gotten away with some swag even. It seems most people who are familiar with the Conti series are far more than casual fans so it's enjoyable to talk to them.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Bad luck aside, you guys are performing quite well nowadays. At least the car setup and drivers are good!

Yeah we're right there just can't quite get it done, I sure wish the Kansas race was on TV where we had to start from the rear and finished 2nd, that car was a rock star.

Since this is on social media it should be ok to post here, the car arrived monday at the shop, the front end was cut off, remeasured and new parts installed and repainted, these pics were taken thursday...pretty freakin' impressive when this is the kind of backup you have at the shop.

06clbNLl.jpg

pOAo6ezl.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel