The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

well this sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I guess I'm not allowed to have a nice car. As soon as I start to put money into my car a truck blew a tire in front of me and it went under my car ripping my chin spoiler off and destroying my lower grille. Good thing is bumper is good just need a new chin spoiler and grille. So what do you guys think just buy a boss chin spoiler or go for the rtr. I'm going to be switching the grilles out for tge gt500 ones.

sorry to hear that man :(
did you check under the car, any damage that may have occurred?

do you ever plan on putting a LS type splitter in the future? if so, im not sure if those fit on the rtr chin spoiler.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I was not a fan of the 2010-12 rtr, but the 2013 version really looks good...except the fact that nearly everything is body colored on the 13's. I think a match painted rtr would look schaweet!

I have been hoping to be "unfortunate" enough to have my hood damaged by someone else so I can replace it with a tiger hood...just the hood, though. anything else would make me cry.

good luck with the repair either way.

Well its a little worse than I thought. Hope I can fix this. When it ripped out the chin spoiler it ripped out the back instead of straight out. So now instead of holes some one then are without a back. Is there anyway to fix this?

pufferfish said:
I have been hoping to be "unfortunate" enough to have my hood damaged by someone else so I can replace it with a tiger hood...just the hood, though. anything else would make me cry.
I can tell you exactly how to do it, run those R888's when it's around 40 and try to merge, worked for me.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
jfolsom28 said:
Well its a little worse than I thought. Hope I can fix this. When it ripped out the chin spoiler it ripped out the back instead of straight out. So now instead of holes some one then are without a back. Is there anyway to fix this?
You can use thin aluminum cut into squares with a hole drilled to size and bond it in with 3M panel adhesive to repair and reinforce the mounting points. Bronx fix but it will work and be invisible.
Steve

steveespo said:
You can use thin aluminum cut into squares with a hole drilled to size and bond it in with 3M panel adhesive to repair and reinforce the mounting points. Bronx fix but it will work and be invisible.
Steve
Sounds awesome man thank you! I love this forum I don't know what I would do without it!

jfolsom28 said:

theres always a way to fix things.
there are these metal clips that are usually put on plastic body parts to allow bolts to screw in. since im not too familiar with the clips and bolts on this car, yet, and there's no pics to go by, i'm not 100% if what im proposing will work.

here's a pic of what i'm talking about (borrowed from an ebay seller), btw these are sold at advance auto in the "help" section, if you want to check out the clips in person.
$(KGrHqZ,!ogFHwGnmTRLBR-bR)QW0!~~60_35.jpg

Bill Pemberton said:
Before you do anything , have you contacted your Insurance company? Depending on your deductible , it may be beneficial to turn in a claim.

Yeah the chin spoiler is expensive. If you have a $500 deductible, make a claim. Plus I don't believe the GT500 grille inserts are compatible.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Darth Boss said:
Yeah the chin spoiler is expensive. If you have a $500 deductible, make a claim. Plus I don't believe the GT500 grille inserts are compatible.
they aren't. CDC makes a grille that looks like the GT500

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-performance-grille-2013.html

Justin said:
they aren't. CDC makes a grille that looks like the GT500

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-performance-grille-2013.html

Yep...actually having that, the Roush high flow lower and T-Springs installed as we speak on my ride. Pissed though. Took forever to get the Roush lower from Roush and it shipped unfinished. Was supposed to be black stipple from the factory and it came raw dark gray. Car is in the shop already so I have to have them paint it.

TMO Supporting Vendors