The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Well, time to take the engine out again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
So back to work on the engine...... Tasca really srewed up and delayed everything..... First they sent only 4 of the rod bearings, asked them to fix the order and fedex to Chile the other four... They said our mistake so we will send them..... SO.. they sent them to Miami..... And when the finally arrived. They sent only two of four........ Still two short and several weeks gone.... So the Gods must be against those parts... Ordered a whole complete set of Std King Race Bearings and they arrived yesterday since Tasca was never going to get it right. Looking forward to seeing the difference in tolerances in between King, CLevite and Ford....

Time is ticking by with the first race of the season on the 23rd.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
And I thought I had it bad when I was on a rock in the middle of the Pacific coordinating part deliveries for engine builds. Are all the parts in hand now?

More pics of the ports, if or when you can!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, keep us posted, I will not complain on getting parts delayed by a couple of weeks, anymore. I know we are all hoping you get things sorted out, as pics and videos of the Red Racer kicking butt in Chile is fun for everyone here at TMO.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks guys! Yup all parts in hand and build starts in earnest tomorrow, lucky the guys live in their shop so they work Sundays. Just finishing up the roll cage modifications and the broken 2nd gear today. Will send pics of Engine and cage soon. This year we have 43 cars signed up!!! Two normal GT3 Porsches, several GT4 Caymans and loads of bimmers are coming as well.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well we expect you to keep up the Blue Oval bashing of those ma-sheens von Deutschland! Nice turnout and which track are you running this time around?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What is the name of the second track, as I remember the first one is quite a drive from your home in Santiago? Hopefully this one is closer and assume the reason you will be running the full 4.4 kilometer course is that the track has been modified/enlarged? Always fun when circuits have numerous track configurations , and that has to add some variety for you in a Country with few places to race?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry , got curious , as the second layout looks really cool , with some high speed areas, as well as some interesting technical spots, that also look like good passing zones. Autodromo Internacional de Codegua, only a little over an hour or so from you, it appears, obviously will be your second home in Chile, ha! Man, I bet you can't wait to get on the new extension and it sure sounds like they have great plans for this track far into the future - looks state of the art now! You just went from two relatively short courses to one longer than many historic tracks in the US - i.e. Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Willow Springs, Sears Point ( Sonoma), Barber Raceway Park, etc.

Really look forward to video of your racing at De Codegua!!

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup we are all looking forward to trying out the new layout. They are having a few noise issues but looks like they finally have it licked. The only problem with the track is its very expensive and has no open test days. The rear straight is over 900m long so thats new to us!! Not sure if the turbo cars will like such a long time at WOT:cool:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
If they start charging you to breathe down there, you may become the California of the southern hemisphere.

I like that 2.7 mile layout. Some nasty turns but that long straightaway looks awesome!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Need to have MH post his video of the Autodromo Interlomas from back in 2014. The track map and some of the videos which show portions of that circuit are somewhat deceiving. His video, where it takes a Ferrari forever to really pull away form the Boss ( as it probably should ), shows a ton of tricky elevation change and it is quick. I tried not to laugh, as frankly it is a bit disconcerting, but the little flagmen standing a few feet off the track waving green flags is nuts!!!

After watching this, The Hatter showed me why he is Mad, but his run made him an even bigger hero to me.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Interlomas is a great track. For the 3 hour event we even get some German drivers who come down to Chile just for the race..... they ran with us, but in GT3 cup cars.... Boy they were fast drivers.

too bad its a 650km drive!! Or I would spend my weekends going round and round and.....

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now come on, don't be shy, post that Time Trial video from 2014! German, drivers, are we to assume you are talking about the folks over in Argentina from the Bariloche area?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Now come on, don't be shy, post that Time Trial video from 2014! German, drivers, are we to assume you are talking about the folks over in Argentina from the Bariloche area?

I will look for it! But am a bit ashamed as that was about 6 seconds slower then now o_O

No, I mean real Deutschland Krauts!! Not suedo Krauts from next door. (Am a large part German myself... )

TMO Supporting Vendors