The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Went to the dragstrip for the first time... in an autocross car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I had never been down a dragstrip before until Friday night. I decided to try something new, and I wanted to test out my nitrous. This was more of an information gathering trip than anything but it was still fun. My car is set up for very competitive autocross and sees a couple track days a year. Definitely not ideal for getting off the line.
My best pass was 11.77 @ 128 but my 60' times were killing me. I'll post the video when I get home but here are the time slips. I'm left lane on all of them (#39). The top left slip in the picture is my very first pass ever and all motor. The other 5 are with a 150 shot.
timeslips.jpg

first pass.jpg

I've done stuff like this in the Grassroots challenge, you have to both drag race and autocross the same car. Unhooked the fromt sway bar, and added the juice between events.. great fun.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The car looks absolutely phenomenal and I hope you are wandering North for the Spring Nationals next month in Lincoln, as I would love to see the beast in person. Congrats on some solid times , naturally aspirated and with a little funny spray!

TMO Supporting Vendors