The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Went to Thompson Speedway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Here's my video from Thompson on Sat. First time/run with square setup
and "nannies" off... I liiiiked iiiitt! This is about halfway thru still had some push in corners(guess that's why I liked it)
is that from the weight up front or need some suspension mods/settings?
http://youtu.be/DiJp6dfF0XY

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Rob - glad it worked out well with the nannies off. It transforms the car in my opinion although be ready for some exciting moments if you are not perfectly smooth with inputs of throttle and steering. But it's extremely fun and rewarding!!!

I'm off to the Glen (with new wheel, new tires, new diff fluid, etc) on Sunday for a 2 day event. Hoping my tires last more than 1 day this time!! Hope I see you out there again soon

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
And nice driving btw. If you go back there I have a couple very minor suggestions that might help in a corner or two. Let me know!! Looked quick and well controlled though!

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Thanks Derek,have fun at the Glen. Ya i saw your post about the wheel, thats insane that it would crack like that!
Have alot of fun and be safe. Thanks for the comps! Talk to you soon

TMO Supporting Vendors