The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Went to Watkins this weekend,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Thanks F.D. Sako
Running stock rotors with Pagid rst2/r56
From Pete, really hall the car down. Still have the
Stock F1s on the car...track had a lot grip. Lookin into
Gettin 18/nitto for future events.
06mach1...Mike how's everything? Was very nice meeting you
And your son Andy. Second session rained a lot but went out,
Nice and slow, rode the rim as they said. The rest of the day was nice
Wished you guts stayed. Hopefully meet up in the future
Rob

Nice video, and very nice lines.
I did a trackmaster event last year and learned quite a bit. I'm planning to go to their next event in late July.

i

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Thanks for posting the video - looked like you ran about 2.23 for a lap time in that video? Were you timing through the day? Looked like a good lap... those pads are excellent. Do you have brake cooling too? I roasted my brakes last year (huge amount of fade until I backed off for the rest of the event) but that was before the cooling ducts...

Are you close to Watkins Glen?

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Hermes said:
Nice video, and very nice lines.
I did a trackmaster event last year and learned quite a bit. I'm planning to go to their next event in late July.

Thanks. Had a really good instructor, showed me diff lines,
track had good grip. Gonna try again maybe July/august, don't wNt to
go when really hot... Not good for supercharger...lol

i

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
DMichaels said:
Thanks for posting the video - looked like you ran about 2.23 for a lap time in that video? Were you timing through the day? Looked like a good lap... those pads are excellent. Do you have brake cooling too? I roasted my brakes last year (huge amount of fade until I backed off for the rest of the event) but that was before the cooling ducts...

Are you close to Watkins Glen?

That was on my gopro, I have the Harry's
Lap Tiner app, but the mount broke for my
phone. Sorry yea I also have the brake coolin/
Fluid and lines! Just installed the ducts
In the grill. Had them mounted on the bottom
(See my other posts)I live in New Rochelle(bout
4 hours from Watkins) Gettin more into it wanna start
doin more tracks.Where r you from

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Oh, yes I did see your post with the scoops under the car... as long as it gets the job done!

I'm in CT, so more like 6 hour drive for me. But it's well worth it. Awesome track.

I'm headed out to the newly re-opened Thompson road course next week. Anxious to see how that is since it's only ~35 minutes from my house.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
DMichaels said:
Oh, yes I did see your post with the scoops under the car... as long as it gets the job done!

I'm in CT, so more like 6 hour drive for me. But it's well worth it. Awesome track.

I'm headed out to the newly re-opened Thompson road course next week. Anxious to see how that is since it's only ~35 minutes from my house.

35 min...ooo that's nice! Are on the Audi group
with Pete, or it's another group?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Cobrarob said:
35 min...ooo that's nice! Are on the Audi group
with Pete, or it's another group?

Yes, I do the Audi events with Pete. Met him at my first track day several years ago (his first even too). He may have become more obsessed than myself.

The event next week is with Northeast Track Days - they are new this year and are offering good pricing. Excited to try the new track out though. The Audi club is headed to Thompson for 2 days in Sept - I'm signed up for that one too - it's a good group of people.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
DMichaels said:
Yes, I do the Audi events with Pete. Met him at my first track day several years ago (his first even too). He may have become more obsessed than myself.

The event next week is with Northeast Track Days - they are new this year and are offering good pricing. Excited to try the new track out though. The Audi club is headed to Thompson for 2 days in Sept - I'm signed up for that one too - it's a good group of people.
Very nice,have a good time. Im gonna join his group also,met him guess about a month ago at LimeRock. Went up there to meet him and to see th e group. Yes theywere a bunch of cool dudes. Very nice talkin to you,if anyting give me a shout. Rob

Rob, here is my video of the last session of the day. Not my greatest times, but I will be back there with Phoenix CMR in a week or so. Gonna drop the pressures in the Nittos by about 5 lbs. each and hopefully get some traction! Try to sign up for Phoenix sometime. Mike

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tqDgPrg-1VE[/youtube]

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
06mach1 said:
Rob, here is my video of the last session of the day. Not my greatest times, but I will be back there with Phoenix CMR in a week or so. Gonna drop the pressures in the Nittos by about 5 lbs. each and hopefully get some traction! Try to sign up for Phoenix sometime. Mike

Nice lines - you hit a couple of spots on the inside that not every one knows about ;-)

-Pete

Mike, looks like you're getting plenty of traction to me! And, since you passed the "green boss" with ease, the "green boss" has decided to study your lines more closely. I need to get down tighter to that apex. That was my first trackday with the Pagid 29/56 pads from Pete and I was very happy with the performance and initial bite of those pads. Gregg

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
06mach1 said:

Hey Mike, looks good. That was a good time up there. We were talkin bout a day to go up again , not sure when thou. We're heading to Lime Rock in July(16) with SCDA for the day. Try to get together deff in the future. Have a good time next week
Rob

TMO Supporting Vendors