The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

West Coast Engine Builders You Trust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA
Hello All,

I'm interested in your feedback/experiences with engine builders.

Looking to get some 4.6L 3v heads ported, polished and assembled. Would prefer a shop that would also install them on the car but not vital. Willing (and wanting) to pay top dollar for expert craftsmanship.

Who is the go to modular engine builder on the west coast these days? I would like to keep it on the west coast, but would be willing to go elsewhere for quality work. Livernois seems like a decent bet given the amount of volume (and therefore experience) they have, but quantity is not equal to quality of course...

In my research I've come across MMR, MHS, RPG (they only seem to do Coyote though).

I want quality, better than OEM levels of assembly.

Thanks everyone

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Hello All,

I'm interested in your feedback/experiences with engine builders.

Looking to get some 4.6L 3v heads ported, polished and assembled. Would prefer a shop that would also install them on the car but not vital. Willing (and wanting) to pay top dollar for expert craftsmanship.

Who is the go to modular engine builder on the west coast these days? I would like to keep it on the west coast, but would be willing to go elsewhere for quality work. Livernois seems like a decent bet given the amount of volume (and therefore experience) they have, but quantity is not equal to quality of course...

In my research I've come across MMR, MHS, RPG (they only seem to do Coyote though).

I want quality, better than OEM levels of assembly.

Thanks everyone
Don't live on the west coast and someone who does can confirm, but I could've sworn I've seen posts about AED building engines. Might be worth giving Shaun a call. Don't know who your tuner is, but the fact that he would be able to tune it should be a positive.

TMO Supporting Vendors