The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What a Crappy day hydrolocked the beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
On the way to work today its was down pouring here in the hampton roads area really bad. well I get all the way on base and the road right inside the gate is flooded. Against my better judgment I proceed to drive through it thought it was only 6 inches deep....it was more like 18 almost made it through but a guy going the other way in a big van thought it would be cool to cause a 2 foot wake to go over my car. It locked right up there in almost two feet of water. Two guys were nice enough to push me to dry ground. I checked the oil....there is water in it. I then pushed it 4 blocks to a parking spot. Going to get a ride to my house so I can get tools. Plan is to pull the plugs crank it over get the water out. Put new plugs/oil and oil filter in it, cross my fingers and turn it over.

Justin

It fired up and it runs just now has a check engine light it idles at 3000rpms. It started pouring rain again so I called it quits. First guess is vacuum leak. Second is MAP sensor.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
askjeffro said:
Try some Zaino on the block, might help.

Ok seriously, sorry and goodluck.

hahaha, I was waiting for someone to throw that out there! good luck with the beater!

Justin

ace72ace said:
Bump... Does the beater live??
well it starts. havent gotten the motivation to work on it. makes it hard cause its 25 min drive away and on a navy base. I will get to it at some point lol

TMO Supporting Vendors