The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What all have you had them fix on your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just had the RF Brembo caliper replaced under warranty for a broken piston dust seal. Don't know why they didn't just replace the broken seal, but whatever. At the same time had them look at area under the master cylinder where brake fluid leaked and took off (and stained) some paint, but the Ford district service rep apparently refused to cover a repaint under warranty. Will try again with a different dealer.

cable.jpg

* Replaced transmission at around 20,000. That was the big one.
* Replaced leaking phaser seal on valve cover.
* Replaced rear brake cables (see photo).
* Performed crank sensor o-ring TSB.

Current issues:

* I get clunkety-rattle sound when I depress the clutch, especially at low gears and speeds. Driving around a parking lot sounds terrible.

Longer write-ups:

* http://www.jimmypribble.com/blog/2012/04/ch-9-10000-miles/
* http://www.jimmypribble.com/blog/2013/04/boss-ch-12-20000-miles/

Having to replace the transmission at 20K is bad, really bad. And that brake cable design is dumb. But I don't baby this car and it is holding-up very well. I honestly expected more nickel-and-dime kinds of problems, but the car is solid...except for the transmission.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Jimmy Pribble said:
Current issues:

* I get clunkety-rattle sound when I depress the clutch, especially at low gears and speeds. Driving around a parking lot sounds terrible.
That is normal and typical if its the same thing I am thinking of. a one piece driveshaft helps to make that go away

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel