The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What all have you had them fix on your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Transmission, 2nd gear synchro and 5th gear synchro
Lower control arms tsb
Driver side front sway bar rod that connects to shock absorber
Repainted engine bay because of leaking brake fluid reservoir, which will need to be done again

had paint chips repaired under warranty. Paint was chipping under the brake master cylinder, most likely from brake fluid dripping while topping off reservoir at the plant.

cloud9 said:
What were the symptoms? Was it completely locked up?

Not completely.. About 70-80%.. A lot of throttle/clutch to get it into the garage.
When the clutch was pressed in . it came right to a stop.. You could hear the pad gripping and breaking free as I parked it back in the garage.
Dealer I use has been swamped, so when I get back from being out of town, Ford is going to tow it to them for the fix.

Passenger side mirror fell off when closing the door haha
Blown driver rear shock
Dealership fixed no issues and the Mustang tech there has been workin on Fords his entire life mostly mustangs
He gives my Boss a full going over every time i bring her in - even cleaned the under carriage for me :) I'm really lucky to have a great dealership (freehold ford in nj)

At the dealer as I type this to:

1. Have steering 'clicking' noise investigated & repaired.
2. Get estimate to repaint area under master cylinder (under warranty presumably).
3. Replace broken Brembo caliper dust seals.
4. Change trans and diff fluid.

cloud9 said:
What were the symptoms? Was it completely locked up?

Ended up being a left rear caliper frozen... Dealer stated this was a issue they had seen with the GT caliper. Dealer also replace my stock rear brake pads( which where toast from one 3 day track event at Miller). Dropped off a quart of Dot 4 racing fluid and they bleed the entire system.

Definitely ISO better brake system, front and rear.
Like the "R" setup for the front, still looking for a good rear replacement.

boro92 said:
wait...what?
What's the details on this one?

It is crank sensor o ring ( seal)
My car into limp mode and I took it to them and they said it is tsb about O ring.

Will go to Grattan raceway this weekend and will see

Nafod, you had better luck than I did with the dealer. I took mine in for a sticking rear brake and got no satisfaction. My right rear is hanging up, which caused a near melt down of the pads on that side, and total brake failure as I was parking in the paddock.

I had an argument with the service writer akin to the chicken vs egg debate. Him saying heat caused the sticking, me saying sticking caused the excess heat. End result is me ordering right rear flex line, caliper and two rotors from Tousley Ford at my expense.

I have had lots of brake issues and am not a happy camper. On top of this, I get a strange sound and vibration from the rear when turning right that seems to be coming from the right rear. Dealer says axle is fine, as well as bearings. I'm not sure I buy that, but I will see if noise goes away after new parts are installed. If not than it will be off to another dealer to get that checked out.

Just FYI for those wondering, I run Carbotech 12 F, 8 R pads and Motul 600 fluid with LS ducts and rear dust shields removed.

I had to glue the front side running light lenses back on. The first time it would have failed the yearly inspection, they RTV'd it back on, the second time on the other side it fell off when I was waxing it, RTV'd that to. It look like the plastic lens broke evenly all the way around.

Vermont
Replaced one of the rear shocks, under warranty, because the adjuster screw broke when I first went to change the setting. Half of the adjuster shattered under very light load. Had no problems adjusting the new one. The rear adjuster 1-5 marking is small and can be hard to see, works best for me when I access the rears from the back seat.

LostPony said:
Nafod, you had better luck than I did with the dealer. I took mine in for a sticking rear brake and got no satisfaction. My right rear is hanging up, which caused a near melt down of the pads on that side, and total brake failure as I was parking in the paddock.

I had an argument with the service writer akin to the chicken vs egg debate. Him saying heat caused the sticking, me saying sticking caused the excess heat. End result is me ordering right rear flex line, caliper and two rotors from Tousley Ford at my expense.

I have had lots of brake issues and am not a happy camper. On top of this, I get a strange sound and vibration from the rear when turning right that seems to be coming from the right rear. Dealer says axle is fine, as well as bearings. I'm not sure I buy that, but I will see if noise goes away after new parts are installed. If not than it will be off to another dealer to get that checked out.

Just FYI for those wondering, I run Carbotech 12 F, 8 R pads and Motul 600 fluid with LS ducts and rear dust shields removed.

Sorry to hear you have had such bad luck with your dealer..
I use Metro Ford just outside of Albany, NY and have for 8 years of being in NY. Nothing but great experiences. They service all my Ford's (4), even though I drive by 3 other dealers.
If you have other dealer options, I'd consider that. GL
I'll be switching to the Carbotech pads in the future. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel