The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What all have you had them fix on your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Just wondering what all issues everyone had fixed. So far I have had them fix the passenger side mirror, the mirror part was coming seperated from the housing and the motor didnt go left or right. and its in the shop right now cause the instrument panel dimmer would turn the map lights on anywhere between the max and min brightness.

And if the clutch keeps acting like it does I will have that looked at too.

All my issues, other than the tranny and the paint issue and the exhaust rattle, are damage I have found from the dealer (chipped paint, bent pinch welds, chewed up plastic etc). It must have been the dealer because I know I didn't do it, and the chip even had a bad attempt at touch up done to it.

Justin

CaliMR said:
All my issues, other than the tranny and the paint issue and the exhaust rattle, are damage I have found from the dealer (chipped paint, bent pinch welds, chewed up plastic etc). It must have been the dealer because I know I didn't do it, and the chip even had a bad attempt at touch up done to it.
oh man that is crappy. I should be getting my car back today...really how hard is it to replace a dimmer switch....and I will be looking that car over well.

Mechanically everything has been good so far, other than the tranny, so I don't blame Ford.

I have gotten some bad axle hop the last time I took it out, and not doing launches either, just accelerating briskly. It was the same with or without the nannies turned on. I need to do more testing once the sun comes back out.

Justin

CaliMR said:
Mechanically everything has been good so far, other than the tranny, so I don't blame Ford.

I have gotten some bad axle hop the last time I took it out, and not doing launches either, just accelerating briskly. It was the same with or without the nannies turned on. I need to do more testing once the sun comes back out.
mine does it when its cold out like below 40. but if I turn off the Traction control it doesnt do it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They had to replace the drivers side "C" stripe which had a small tear in it. That's it so far.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just checked/cleaned the positive battery post for a bit of corrosion. Not sure the cause , but they are going to watch it - everything checked out okay.

Everything else is fantastic!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
boss2511 said:
PeteInCT said:
They had to replace the drivers side "C" stripe which had a small tear in it. That's it so far.
I have a pin hole in the hood decal think they would replace that?

I guess it depends upon the dealer. My tear was detected at delivery time so it was clear that I didn't do it after I took possession of the vehicle.

Justin

PeteInCT said:
boss2511 said:
PeteInCT said:
I have a pin hole in the hood decal think they would replace that?

I guess it depends upon the dealer. My tear was detected at delivery time so it was clear that I didn't do it after I took possession of the vehicle.
yeah mine occured just recently...dont know how but its there

a-arm tsb, but the clicking is back. however, its not as loud or often as before. i think it might be the upper strut mounts not the a-arms this time. i have a decent amount of track time on the car, and those upper strut mounts have been known to fail. i think most of you guys that track a lot have camber plates so that wouldn't be an issue.

The rubber grommet in the passenger door that directs air flow to the defroster vent is warped. I'm not going to deal with that until I'm nearing the end of the warranty period in case some other stuff shows up. I did have the dealer check out the groaning in my rear differential during turning, but as I indicated in another topic thread, that is apparently "normal" for the differentials with carbon fiber plates which date from 2008 MY.

Nothing else to report so far - just turned 5K miles today. Getting the asymmetrical tire rotation done after work.

Ive been lucky no problems beside waiting on my mgw shifter did a 4000 service zero problems even the track key is great. But damn I want a 2013 gt500 ;D

Not a thing. Are we supposed to do a 4,000 mile service on our cars? ???

Pulled on the drivers side door, cable broke at the handle. The feel of the clutch isn't consistent through the gears .... no clue how to even begin to describe this to the dealer, properly. Overall very happy though

I also have a flaw that will likely not be fixed. The shock tower, facing outward on the drivers side, there is a very visible paint dribble, front to back. Honestly though, I don't mind ;)

I will agree on the clutch issue I believe it does not feel consitent but never had a problem I will most likely get an aftermarket clutch after I put more miles on it. This is one car I look forward to the warrante running out then its no holds bar on upgrades.

TMO Supporting Vendors