The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What are you guys doing for center rear view mirrors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I'm working on the final race prep for my car, and we're down to the little details here and there.

Currently I'm using a factory focus mirror on the stock mount, but where my halo bar is located might preclude the use of typical longacre mirror systems:

13305038_10154102248796217_6681801191562669583_o.jpg

[

Do you have any additional information on the focus mirror? (e.g. yr, model no.)

I've been wanting something a little wider ever since I got the roll bar. Been looking at this one, but If I had a full cage, I'd go with mirrors that bolts to the cage.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Its the OEM mirror from a 2013 Ford Focus ST (which used to be my daily driver that I put an aftermarket camera mirror on and reused the mirror). I sent my stock (electric) mirror off with my navigation system when I started converting the interior over.

The clip on is interesting from a cost and ease of use perspective, not much to do if it would stay put. All my other racecars have used the 14" and 17" kits, just hadn't gotten to it on this one just yet.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The car will go where you look. If you are looking backwards, that's where you are going.

I will however, glance in my side mirrors to make sure that I'm not chopping somebody off....that's just being responsible.

I use this in all my cars, including track time. Even took one with me to Utah for Track Attack.

Broadway Type A Rear View Mirror 400mm (15 3/4 inch) Convex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VL1MPC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.QNaybMF6NQCF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Always used wink mirrors in my oval track cars.....Mustang still has the stock mirror.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel