The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What are your daily driving street settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm curious what others are selecting for: steering, dampers front/rear, traction control off or on, TracKey or grey key, and side pipe restrictors in/stock or in/size of hole or taken out.

I am running with: Sport steering, dampers 4/3, TC off, TK, restrictors 11/32".

My dampers are different but I keep them soft for the street. Red key around town and at the track. Silver key for longer trips or driving in heavy traffic. TC on for street and off at the track. Steering is set to normal. To me Sport makes the steering feel heavier but doesn't add any additional feedback. I use 7/8" discs and I know where you can get them. ;)

I forgot about the Advance Trac setting either on or off. I keep it on but don't really understand it. I don't understand the TC either to be honest. I don't track the car but do drive it spirited often.

I think you are right about the Sport steering. I'm going back to normal for a while longer.

If I keep drilling out my discs and go too far I'll be knocking on your email door! :)

TC off on street? Really?

As DD I leave dampers in factory setting, steering normal and TC on.

Traded looks and waves with a beautiful late 70's vette the passed month as we share a common commute. On Monday I had the sobering sight of the vette ona wrecker with its front smashed. He hit the guard rail on a country road during AM commute when temps were in mid-40s. He didn't have a button to push...it's an old car. For my safety and others I feel it is smart to keep TC on when doing regular driving. Track or private area to romp....TC OFF!

Pretty much stock settings, red key, and just went to one inch on the restrictors. I like the sound better, I don't think its too loud, the growler (my 2005 GT) is louder but it has the Borla cat back.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I havn't changed any of the settings since I got it. I do turn the TC off when doing spirited driving. I use the red key all the time and have the 7/8' in will never go back and I also have the Borla Attak axel backs so it's really loud ;D

I'm sitting at:
Sport steering - not sure that there is a big benefit, but I like the stronger feel
4/4
T/C on
Grey key - no install on trackey as I may want the warranty!
side pipe restrictors completely out

I run 5/3.
Track key.....steering on normal.

37psi cold front, 35psi cold rear.

Curious...does track key disable advance trac? I think it keeps TC on. Haven't driven crazy enough (on the streets, so I keep it sane!) to get TC to kick in. I'll find out when I take it to the track next month :D

boro92 said:
I run 5/3.
Track key.....steering on normal.

37psi cold front, 35psi cold rear.

Curious...does track key disable advance trac? I think it keeps TC on. Haven't driven crazy enough (on the streets, so I keep it sane!) to get TC to kick in. I'll find out when I take it to the track next month :D

Track key does NOT disable advance trac or traction control. You still need to manually disable these

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I run TC off at all times, Advancetrac on, settings 2/2(haven't touched them), steering normal, side pipes wide open.

I hate leaving TC on if I down shift it and punch it nearly cuts the car off. So long as you leave the Advanced track on it never gets too crazy. Do I think I am going to end up in a guard rail and endanger the lives of others on the street....no.

steering - sport
dampers - 3/3
no exhaust disks ever.
red key with summer tires - gray key with snow tires.
traction control on.

Justin said:
oh forgot to add I drive with 93 aed tune. my trackey program rests on my sct hand held tuner.

How do you have a SCT tune and track key? I have the SCT hand held tuner but was under the impression that you could do both...

I will go crazy if I could get 3 tunes from American Muscle and keep my track key tune.

Ben

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Benjammin1829 said:
How do you have a SCT tune and track key? I have the SCT hand held tuner but was under the impression that you could do both...

I will go crazy if I could get 3 tunes from American Muscle and keep my track key tune.

Ben
This is my experience with my car tune wise.

I had the trackey program installed on the car.
at a car show got a tune from jlp and a hand held tuner. installed the tune with the tuner. it stores both the factory tune and trackey tune on the handheld tuner. Redkey returns to a normal key just like the silver key. Well that tune sucked. Got a steeda tune. it ran better but didnt really make any more power. Got AED tunes and wow what a difference.

in summary yes you can tune your car if you have trackey programming it stores it on the handheld.

the redkey when used will still say "trackey active etc" on start up but it indeed is not installed.

TMO Supporting Vendors