The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What are your top three mods?

What are your favorite three Boss mods; vote 3 times

• Aftermarket Shifter

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Aftermarket Axlebacks

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Lowering Springs W/Panhard Bar

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Cooling Enhancements

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Driving Instruction

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • TracKey

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Larger Exhaust Discs

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brake Upgrades

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Suspension Upgrades

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • HP Upgrades

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I met another BMO member today and his Boss only has one mod, TracKey. I suggested to him that the two other mods I would do to any Boss are change the axle backs and lower the car either using the T or P springs. Below are the three mods I think no Boss should be without. What are yours?

1. Install TracKey
2. Replace the axle backs, I have 2012 GT500 axle backs
3. Install lowering springs and the obligatory adjustable panhard bar. I have P springs and the FR bar.

TracKey
Shifter and two-post bracket ( I have the Ford Racing shifter and bracket)
Rear window louvers for cosmetic mod (I have the MRT louvers)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
1. TracKey
2. MGW Shifter
3. AE 4.0" Aluminum DS

This is a tough question, I like my new FRPP TB too! But for me, these three mods made noticeable differences in the driving experience.
302 Hi Pro

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Top three ? As I look at a growing long list. The mods that impact the driving experience for me, whether I'm at the track or going to the grocery store.
1. Ford racing shift kit . Or others.
2. Ford racing K springs with adjustable panhard bar.
3. Upgraded dampers with camber plates.
I think we need a top ten or twenty :)

TMO Supporting Vendors