The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What are your top three mods?

What are your favorite three Boss mods; vote 3 times

• Aftermarket Shifter

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Aftermarket Axlebacks

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Lowering Springs W/Panhard Bar

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Cooling Enhancements

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Driving Instruction

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • TracKey

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Larger Exhaust Discs

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brake Upgrades

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Suspension Upgrades

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • HP Upgrades

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
1. TracKey with 7/8" restrictor Plates
2. Ford Racing GT500 Style Axle-Back Exhaust Kit
3. One Touch Turn Signals

acole3 said:
Rick, this looks like a good topic for a poll.
Great idea. For the last three general categories everyone can post up more specifics.

Domestic Product said:
I think we need a top ten or twenty :)
The list could be endless, I know Gary's is. ;) I kept the poll to 10 items and added more general themes at the end.

buland said:
3. One Touch Turn Signals
We're there required or did you do them on your own? If on your own can you please share a link where you purchased them?

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
NFSBOSS said:
We're there required or did you do them on your own? If on your own can you please share a link where you purchased them?

no, it's not required, but it's a cool mod. if we enter the highway we must at least flash the turn signal 3 times and with this gaget it's possible.
here is the link:
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/ -> One touch Turn Signal
Their Products are very good but they don't ship to europe and it costs me every time a huge amount of money :'(
American Muscle have these Products also but they also do not send to Europe.

the installation is quite easy

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sako and Cloud 8.996 got them right on...........

Tires/wheels
brake rotors/pads
Camber plates

As much as I think the MGW Short throw shift kit is a must, Trackey necessary, I think the three related items are what is necessary to go faster in a Boss quickly.

Sure the Driver is the single most important items , but went with the semantics of options/accessories.

1. MGW
2. Lower
3. Replace dinky spoiler with GT500 or LS.

All of you that have done T or P springs, did you find LCA relocation brackets necessary?

The driver mod is, by far, the number one on the list, but I agree that is set aside for said reasons.

Cooling mods and safety mods are set aside as well. They're separate animals in my mind that are as equal and necessary as performance mods.

Track key should have come standard. Instead we got milked. Let's move on.

My list:

1) DOT 4 brake fluid.
2) Brake ducts.
3) Track brake pads and tires. Why? Because they go hand in hand. Upgraded rotors are much less important, and are not even on my list.

Anyone see a pattern? Stopping is important.

Then beyond this is camber plates, shocks, springs, control arms, SRP pedals, Watts link, etc.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Personally, I think learning how to drive the car safely and at its limits is the best mod by far. But I think that's been beaten to death. Past that, all I've done is TracKey, Borlas and removing the exhaust discs, all of which I love. But thanks to Rick, I now have a few new things (brake pads, rotors, DOT 4) to put onto the Boss and that might change my mind.

Trying to keep my car stock so beyond Trackey, I've added the Whiteline Transmission Bushing and a Steeda Shift Bracket.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
OK seriously:
1. Aftermarket axlebacks. The stock stuff is FAR too quiet even with the sidepipes open. This is something you can enjoy every single time you drive the car.
2. Brake upgrades. Doesn't take much more than DOT4 fluid, cooling ducts, and real track pads to make the brakes very effective on this car. SS lines are also nice upgrades. Add in the FRPP ABS module and Titanium shims for the true track-rats and you're getting a LOT of bang for your buck.
3. Driving Instruction. There is always more to learn, whether you're a total novice or a real racer. Seat time is the only way to truly get faster, and having instruction to fine-tune and get you over that next plateau is key!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
1. Shifter
2. Twin disc clutch
3. Get rid if oem tires
4. Since it's free ditch the side pipe plates

Honorable mentions.
Highly recommend the clutch pedal extension
Alum dss driveshaft
Longtube headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate these threads. I was happy with my car. Now I clearly need a driveshaft, clutch upgrade, CAI, TB, tune, tires, long tubes, CJ mani, bigger bumpsticks, roll cage, UCA, LCA's, line lock, etc. Damn consumerism!

TMO Supporting Vendors