The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What Car Insurance Do you use on your BOSS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lots of military guys and gals on here huh? I have USAA as well...but not thrilled with the rate in NJ (top 3 highest in country). I may try some of the collector companies to see if i can lower the rate. I dont expect to drive it much more than 3000 miles a year.

i use Barrett Jackson ins can't beat them .. anyone that has Grundy better read fine print i had them on my shelby and it said if i drove my shelby to a friends house to BS and had a problem, i wasn't covered but if i took it over to be worked on it was covered wtf

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I had Grundy on my 2004 Mach1, had to be garaged and under 3k miles.
When I called for the Boss they said they couldn't do it for collectors, This was in 2011 when the Boss first came out, maybe I'll call them again.

BJ uses AIG for older classics and Modern American for newer ones. I have a spotless record and MA still wants $1000/yr for a 2013 Boss. Will look into Heacock and Grundy.

I have been with Grundy for 1.5 years now... $375/Year (yes Per Year), with Replacement Coverage of $50,000. Anything happens and they total the car I get a check for $50,000 minus my Deductible which is $1,000. So yea, you can replace a BOSS for $49,000 but it will never be the "Same", if you guys know what I mean... You also have to another vehicle as a "Daily"... which is not a big deal... I was with State Farm and was paying roughly $75/80-Month and they said they would treat the BOSS at a normal GT Mustang because there was nothing in their system that allowed to make a change. So I would have buy additional coverage which would raise my rates even higher.. So I went with Grundy.

On that note.. my good friend wrecked his 2012 BOSS 302 this past weekend.. SUV hit him in the passenger Front Quarter at 45MPH... Rough Estimates are $26,000 in damage, but Nationwide is covering it with OEM replacement parts (Something my friend had specific in his policy).

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
I have Hagerty on my 2012 Boss since New. Guaranteed Coverage for 40k Long Island NY for $742 a year. Car must be garaged and Driven less that 3,500 I think. I drive less than that so not a problem. Hope this helps.

AAA here for all 6 of my cars. (3 boys 16, 20, 23 and a wifey that likes to hit things and get hit)

Full coverage on the Boss, 500K, 300K, 150K (had to get full to qualify under my umbrella), $1000 deductible.

I pay $1008 per year ($84 per month) for just me as a driver (51 perfect record).

Seems high. I may have to look into Grundy.

I don't know of any Normal or Collectors Insurance Policies that cover "Track Stuff" or "AutoCross"... Normally the event you attend or the venue will offer insurance by the day or event, but I hear its NOT CHEAP.

Maybe some of the guys on here that track their cars can attest to this?

rpm3dinc said:
I don't know of any Normal or Collectors Insurance Policies that cover "Track Stuff" or "AutoCross"... Normally the event you attend or the venue will offer insurance by the day or event, but I hear its NOT CHEAP.

Maybe some of the guys on here that track their cars can attest to this?

I looked into it briefly. These guys offer single day or multiple event policies: http://locktonmotorsports.com/
But for $50k coverage it's $290/day for a single event and $250/day for 15 events

I am 35 allstate wants me to pay $2490 for my Boss for 1 year!!!
Last term it was $1965, they increased the premium due " Michigan's law" crap so the auto insurance covers the bodily damage expenses when the health insurance tops off??!!! Something sounds crazy here.

13Boss#3328 said:
I am 35 allstate wants me to pay $2490 for my Boss for 1 year!!!
Last term it was $1965, they increased the premium due " Michigan's law" crap so the auto insurance covers the bodily damage expenses when the health insurance tops off??!!! Something sounds crazy here.

Holy crap! Sounds like you need to move out of there like I need to move out of MA. I am paying around $1600 on a perfect record and I thought that was high! And how does health insurance have a max to it? Maybe it is different here in MA, but I have a max out-of-pocket while the insurance eats whatever is left. The health insurance can't just stop paying whenever they feel like it. Health insurance it expensive here (I spent 7K out of pocket plus 500/mo family plan), despite the promises made...

I shopped around a bunch. USAA was super expensive to just have the Boss added (almost $100/mo.), went to Geico and they were really reasonable at about $50/mo. Changed everything to SafeCo earlier this year because they cover HPDE and PDX events. As long as it's not "racing" or "timed" they cover it. I did have Lockton Infinity for a year and that essentially cost $250 per event. Not totally unreasonable, but still...

SafeCo was even less expensive than the others and covered everything.

Just an update on my friends BOSS Accident with Nationwide... After fighting with them tooth and nail he was given $46,000 for the car... then bought the car back from them for $8,000, sold it for $12,000 to a friend who is going to repair and put it back on the road. Then he went an bought a 2014 Roush Stage 3 Mustang.

I say he got damn lucky with Nationwide... I know for a fact State Farm wouldn't have done that because I talked to them about it after it happened, they would have seen the BOSS as a GT Model, I still have my Custom V6 with State Farm, but my BOSS is with Grundy...

In any case, no matter who you have of the main 4:
State Farm
Geico
Nationwide
Progressive

Those are great for "Normal Cars", but for specialty cars, and collectors cars you need the "Special Insurance"... sometimes it comes with special terms you have to meet, Grundy only requires that you have a "Daily Driver" other than the vehicle being insured. Hagerty has milage limits, etc... and others have other variables.

Check with your agent, and shop around... and get things in WRITING... because one day you might need that to get your $$$ out of them.

Those of you that went with Grundy--do you have multiple cars on that policy or just the Boss? When I am getting quotes they say it would be cheaper if I switch everything over, I am happy where I am , they just want too much for the Boss. I looked at Grundy, Heacock, Hagerty, etc... and they all want roughly 1000/yr for the Boss. State Farm was the cheapest at $700/yr. I have a great record with no accidents too, hmmmm.

TMO Supporting Vendors