The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What Car Insurance Do you use on your BOSS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Currently I have State Farm, and while talking to some of the other BOSS Owners and Shelby Owners I know, they are mainly using "Grundy".

According to them, Grundy offers Collectors insurance on the 2012-2013 BOSS 302. You tell them the amount of MODS and what the "replacement cost" of the car is, For instance $50,000. If you get in an accident and the car is a total loss, then they cut you a check for $50,000.

State Farm sure won't do that, they insure it as a normal 2013 Car... with milage and age depreciating the "re-embursment" cost.

Another "plus" to Grundy according to them is they save TONS of money on insurance... right now thru State Farm I am paying $75/month. According to Grundy, I would pay $350/Year with them, roughly $30/month. Saving me quite a bit of money on a car that I won't put more than 3,000 miles on a year if I am lucky.

Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?

rpm3dinc said:
Currently I have State Farm, and while talking to some of the other BOSS Owners and Shelby Owners I know, they are mainly using "Grundy".

According to them, Grundy offers Collectors insurance on the 2012-2013 BOSS 302. You tell them the amount of MODS and what the "replacement cost" of the car is, For instance $50,000. If you get in an accident and the car is a total loss, then they cut you a check for $50,000.

State Farm sure won't do that, they insure it as a normal 2013 Car... with milage and age depreciating the "re-embursment" cost.

Another "plus" to Grundy according to them is they save TONS of money on insurance... right now thru State Farm I am paying $75/month. According to Grundy, I would pay $350/Year with them, roughly $30/month. Saving me quite a bit of money on a car that I won't put more than 3,000 miles on a year if I am lucky.

Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?

Is there a mileage limit to this kind of insurance? I have heard of this before but my understanding it was for cars hardly driven and had a real low yearly mileage limit

Tulsa, OK
I have state farm as well. While I haven't had any issues with my current GT I did have someone break into a previous truck that I owned that was insured with state farm. I had about $2,000 worth of aftermarket stereo equipment that was taken from the truck at the time. I called up my agent and provided him receipts for all of the stereo equipment. A few weeks later they sent me brand new replacements of everything I originally had in my truck.

This situation may not translate directly to other modifications made to a car but I would imagine that if your Boss was totaled and you provided receipts for modifications they would surely take that into consideration when determining value. My thoughts anyway... I've been very pleased with state farm.

On the topic of insurance, I'm looking forward to being 25 next month so my GT doesn't have to be insured as my primary vehicle anymore! ;D They have some rule that if you are under 25 the most expensive vehicle has to be your primary. Crossing my fingers that insurance drops significantly.

13FLBoss said:
Is there a mileage limit to this kind of insurance? I have heard of this before but my understanding it was for cars hardly driven and had a real low yearly mileage limit

This is my question also. And are you limited on where you're supposed to drive the car (i.e. car shows, etc.).

Directly from their FAQ on their site:

Grundy offers Unlimited Mileage on all of your vehicles - including older vehicles - through our Motor Vehicle Program. Personally, the Grundy's drive thousands of miles a year, while participating in organized touring events, simply enjoying their cars and keeping up on maintenance. You can, too!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I too have State Farm, and while I am very happy with them and their performance dealing with incidents (others at fault)...I too have been considering Grundy for just the Boss. Basically for the same reasons as the OP. Stated value is much easier to deal with if you want to go get a Boss in similar condition after they cut you the check. The only thing I wonder about are the buy-back rules on your damaged car.

+1 for USAA - I married into the USAA account and love it... It's only $20 more a month for the Boss than my 2013 F150 XLT with the same coverage!

I have Citizens, and for Michigan having some of the highest rates in the country, I pay 234 a month for the Boss, a Flex, and a beater Jeep, and homeowners. Jeep has only state minimums. I had USAA, but their rates in Michigan are outrageous.

dgc76

Life is good
State Farm for all my cars. The price they offered to insure my 1970 B2 and 1970 B9 at agreed values, beat the heck out of Haggerty and Grundy. I have had my insurance with them for many years. The insurance on the 2013 B2 has no restrictions, with a $1,000 deductable. Very reasonable, actually cheaper than my wife's Focus.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
State Farm: $310.18 for every 6 months;

250K/500K liability; 100K property; $500 deductible for comp and collision;

I get discounts for multiple line; multicar; safety record; loyalty, yadda, yadda, yadda...

The total discounts add up to $847.94 for every 6 months.

Shop around. I went with Heacock collector car insurance. $500 a year for the Boss, but I am limited to 3000 miles which is not a problem for me. I looked into Grundy but they wanted all my cars and I have my daily and my wife's car with State Farm and Grundy could not beat State Farm for the dailies. Heacock gave me an agreed upon value of $47,000 for the Boss.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I use Geico military. for the va beach area they are the cheapest for me that I have found. Used to have USAA in FL but when I moved back up here my rates were double what geico wanted. progessive is ok I had them before but they are more expensive.

TMO Supporting Vendors