The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did I do? Anyone know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odd thing happened today at the track. Coming out of a turn, I hit the accelerator and the car would not go above 3000 or 4000 rpms, no misfires, seemed like the fuel pump turned off. Took me by surprise so I fumbled around to get the hazards on so I could get off the track. Not sure if I activated the cruise control in my haste because I did see a flashing green light that appears to be something called speed control which i think is cruise control. Again it was a small green spedometer blinking. No other display lights were illuminated on the dash. Very odd... I am not sure if this is limp mode? But the weather was only low eighties and I was only 7 minutes into my run. Drove to the paddock turned off the car waited 15 minutes restarted and then everything was fine. I am at a loss for what happend....anyone know? Thanks

Sounds like it might be that you activated the pit lane speed control. Any chance you hit the RSM button twice somehow? The speed control light flashes green a couple times a second and you can't go faster than ~45mph (default).
This assumes you are running with the TracKey.

Boss1815 said:
Sounds like it might be that you activated the pit lane speed control. Any chance you hit the RSM button twice somehow? The speed control light flashes green a couple times a second and you can't go faster than ~45mph (default).
This assumes you are running with the TracKey.
If not this you went into limp mode. Do you turn off the traction control?

Yep, just replicated it. It was the pit lane speed....rsm button. Thanks for your help....newbie error...

TMO Supporting Vendors