The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

jneary said:
Took her (and the old man) to Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Country Club in California with my son. AWESOME DAY with lots of cool cars!!! 75 Degrees on a Sunday in April!

c4.jpg

John
Camaro in a handicapped spot...fitting... ;D

Finally installed my front "T" lowering springs. Went down as advertised at 1/4". Tomorow I install the BMR upper mount, adj upper CA, and non adj lCA's with my relo brackets. The T springs are deffinately firmer than the stock ones. I don't know how much but for sure better.

Jason said:
Finally installed my front "T" lowering springs. Went down as advertised at 1/4". Tomorow I install the BMR upper mount, adj upper CA, and non adj lCA's with my relo brackets. The T springs are deffinately firmer than the stock ones. I don't know how much but for sure better.
I would like to know how much more noise you hear when you are cruising highway speeds. I did pretty much all the same over the Winter but added the whiteline trans bushing and CHE K member brace with torque links also. So I am wondering if the increased noise is the poly bushing in the control arms, or the other parts. From now on i think it will be one part at a time.

max5ive0 said:
I would like to know how much more noise you hear when you are cruising highway speeds. I did pretty much all the same over the Winter but added the whiteline trans bushing and CHE K member brace with torque links also. So I am wondering if the increased noise is the poly bushing in the control arms, or the other parts. From now on i think it will be one part at a time.
I will let you know for sure Max5ive0. I put the whitelins trans bushing in a few weeks ago (did the 1/2" hole) with 0 increase noice or vibes. So if you did the same it won't be that. My UCA is the poly bushing adjustable one and the lowers are poly on one side and spherical on the other. I'll have them installed tonight and will post findings.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
Had 4 sticker Conti's mounted for fronts and 4 305 Conti scuffs mounted for rears. Hopefully enough tire to get me through 6 days at Lime Rock, Charlotte and VIR for the sprig part of my season.
Steve

Did you go with the discontinued GT-Os? I have 4 sets showing up at my house soon. I hope they are still decent.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

NFSBOSS said:
Awesome, congratulations! That earned you another month as the header photo.

:)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

ArizonaBOSS said:
Did you go with the discontinued GT-Os? I have 4 sets showing up at my house soon. I hope they are still decent.
I have the 275/35/-18 Conti series tire mounted, I have 4 or the 285-645-18 GT-O's coming from Hoosier
Gonna run 275/305 and 285/305 staggered setups this season. I also have 2 sets of Pirelli 19" 265/305 scrubs that I should use up. I counted and I know have 2 sets of 18" wheels and 4 sets of 19" wheels, plus 2 18" x 9" SVE Drift rims that I cant use. Crazy.

Jason said:
I will let you know for sure Max5ive0. I put the whitelins trans bushing in a few weeks ago (did the 1/2" hole) with 0 increase noice or vibes. So if you did the same it won't be that. My UCA is the poly bushing adjustable one and the lowers are poly on one side and spherical on the other. I'll have them installed tonight and will post findings.
Right on! I am assume you meant 1 1/2" hole? I did the same. Sounds like our control arms are almost the same, except my lowers have a poly spherical bushing.

drano38

Wayne

I took the Boss out of hibernation, and went for a short cruise in the country. That garage is in the alley which is gravel, so needs extra time to dry out. Hope the nice weather stays.

max5ive0 said:
Right on! I am assume you meant 1 1/2" hole? I did the same. Sounds like our control arms are almost the same, except my lowers have a poly spherical bushing.
So I installed the lower control arms and relo brackets today. Couldnt get the bolt under the rear seat loose, so I couldnt do the uca and bracket. I can tell you there is much more NVH and vibrations under full throttle with the LCA's. None at just cruising speed on the highway. Sure feels more planted with the current setup in the rear at full throttle in a corner. Will get Ford to install the UCA and bracket when I get the allignment done.

Jason said:
So I installed the lower control arms and relo brackets today. Couldnt get the bolt under the rear seat loose, so I couldnt do the uca and bracket. I can tell you there is much more NVH and vibrations under full throttle with the LCA's. None at just cruising speed on the highway. Sure feels more planted with the current setup in the rear at full throttle in a corner. Will get Ford to install the UCA and bracket when I get the allignment done.
My buddy that helped me do my LCA's called me today and said he forgot to tighten the right rear tire, I went out and sure enough it was loose. Took the car out and low and behold the NVH and vibes I felt last night are gone. Note to self, DTA!

Jason said:
My buddy that helped me do my LCA's called me today and said he forgot to tighten the right rear tire, I went out and sure enough it was loose. Took the car out and low and behold the NVH and vibes I felt last night are gone. Note to self, DTA!
Well shiznit happens. good thing you caught it. Could of got ugly and ruined a friendship.
Something to talk about over the next beer..Lol

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel