The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Installed the new mod for the Blowfish shifter mod last week. Works the same minus the vibrations.
Also hooked up my new VCM II and toyed with it a bit. Thinking about changing the tire size to a spare donut. This way the speedo reads less and my mileage will read less....:p Not really, but I can't resist tinkering and need to find something to use the VCM for to justify my purchase...lol. Then I washed it since it was warm in the 50's and put it back in the garage and covered. It's a strange winter so far. Several warm days. I also swapped cars with my brother, for some test rides. He has the C5 Z06. It's pretty light and nimble. Tires spin too easy. He needs some better tires I think. But it was fun and makes me wish I had a HUD.

Chris

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558

Smilieboy said:
I did my weekly start up/warm up cycle for mine. Can't take it out due to weather and salt.

Sorry if dumb question. What does that exactly entail. Do you just start her and let her warm up in the driveway? Ty

I was cleaning in the garage so the Boss made a great table for everything.....at least I had my cover on. Getting ready for our Polar Bear Drive on the 1st--that will be fun. I usually do it in my Tiger with no top, so this year will be a lot nicer in the Boss.

VWGTI123 said:
Sorry if dumb question. What does that exactly entail. Do you just start her and let her warm up in the driveway? Ty

Pritty much, if the weather is nice then I'll pull it forward and then back it back in again lol. ;D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Now that the DSS DS has been reinstalled and the MGW Race Spec shifter in is, I moved onto part II of my winter mods.

Kooks - Shorty headers & side pipes ordered. QTP cutouts delivered yesterday. Borla O/A pipes ordered as well as MRT MaxFlow H-pipes.

Eighteen below zero here this morning. Won't be able to get the car out to test the DS and the MGW shifter for a few days.

I heard it here too but I thought someone was stealing my Boss. :p

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

next to do: ;D
Thank you, your order has been placed.
Airaid 451-174 Intake System will be shipped to Andreas Bühler by Amazon.com.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

I was lucky enough to score this AirAid PJ Edition CF CAI from a fellow BMO member Ric. Delivered on Tuesday this week. I ordered the 4.0" X 3.0" Silicone hose coupler and the PVC hose connector plug. I too have the FRPP TB as pictured on Rick's engine. I also received 2 filters, (like new condition) and will run the black filter as shown

20141230_233808_zpsreorz5cd.jpg

Today was MGW Race Spec Shifter Install Day, took me 4 hours, but it turned out nice, I replaced a MGW Gen 1 shifter and the difference between the two shifters is much greater than I expected. The Reace Spec is so smooth and I tried to induce a lock out condition, but failed. This might be the MT-82 cure. Need more time with it to know for sure.

20150102_163457_zps0sv7mqex.png

More to follow,
Dave

302 Hi Pro said:
Today was MGW Race Spec Shifter Install Day, took me 4 hours, but it turned out nice, I replaced a MGW Gen 1 shifter and the difference between the two shifters is much greater than I expected. The Reace Spec is so smooth and I tried to induce a lock out condition, but failed. This might be the MT-82 cure. Need more time with it to know for sure.

More to follow,
Dave
Dave did you have to replace the rubber shifter boot?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel