The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice. Where did you find the grille?

I’m taking advantage of having a Winding Road Racing shop in my backyard here in Austin, TX...

This time getting a brake and clutch fluid flush with some fresh Castrol SRF, 5w50 Mobil1 oil/filter change (10.5-11 quarts with the Moroso oil pan and oil cooler[emoji15]), having a Cooltech oil to air cooler kit installed, installing the Blowfish Racing transmission support to go along with my MGW shifter bracket (that should do it[emoji106]), swapping out my main fuses from switch type (that pop when they get too hot) to blade style fuses after moving my battery to the trunk (whew) and after much deliberation finally getting a Whiteline watts link installed.

Yup that’s it for now...[emoji43][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to Ford this morning, had my airs bags replaced and a Boss 302 Dash Cluster installed and programmed. Everything went great until I got home and noticed that my car was running hotter than normal, even for a hot day. The fan wasn't coming on. Well damn! Called ford, they said I could do a walk in and they would look at it. Got back to Ford, the service writer said don't know what could be wrong. We didn't touch the ECU. The tech comes out, takes the car. Hooks it up to the lap top, ran his test, nothing came back as being wrong. Still no fan. Then he tells me he had to reprogram the ECU to the Vin on the door, even after I told them to use the Boss Vin I had given them. Tech said he never saw it. So the ECU is back to being stock with a built motor and boss intake. HUM ! Fine, I told them I would take it home, reprogram it my self and if it didn't work I would bring it back on Monday. Guess what! It's blowing full gangbusters again. Programmed it back to stock, Fired it up and Fan was at full and never shut off. Then I put the race tune back and and EVERYTHING WORKS ! I am happy now. but really shot my day. Now back to playing with the passenger side air bag cover, they really don't give a damn how they look after they swap the bags do they ? Not fitting the way I like them to like before...Damn you FORD !

Install work continues at Winding Road Racing here in Austin:
So apparently my Cooltech oil cooler kit won’t work with my GT fog lights in the grill...soo - out come the fog lights and they are going install wire mesh behind the openings and also in the lower grill opening where I have a Roush lower grill. Pics coming soon[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Changed out the brake pads and put in Girodisc titanium shims up front. Loaded the Boss into the car hauler in preparation for it's journey to Hastings. First tyme using the hauler so I wanted to get in a test run. Strap her down and drove it around and she ain't moving anywhere inside the hauler. Will work on all the fluids and nuts and bolts this weekend.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Oil change and installed a drain valve in place of the drain plug so I don't have to pull the trans scoop when doing an oil change. Will finish checks tomorrow for autocross on Saturday.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Pressure-tested my new fuel cell setup, everything works great, no leaks, set for 59 PSI at idle...need to ensure 55 at WOT but can't check until this weekend. Got the fuel pressure sender outputting to AIM so I can see everything in real-time and in data logs.
Also refilled my transmission and activated the trans cooler, everything works great and also no leaks! Fluid capacity increased by ~.80 quart.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Built two maple storage boxes for the trailer from some old wood I had laying around. One to safely carry 10 quarts of oil and the other to hold differential, tranny and brake fluids. Installed a tool box and put in a small air 12v compressor. The trailer still looks raw inside but I do has some ideas to gussy her up next season.

TMO Supporting Vendors