The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Yeah, I saw that in an earlier thread and may get around to it but also heard that after heavy track use, many never saw a drop of fluid in the can. I suppose better safe than sorry applies here.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
And forgot to mention, in my quest to be like my bud TMS, I got my hands on a Watson 4pt bolt in bar - in red. That and the rear seat delete will go in over the winter.

Well....over the weekend I put my Boss into the turn two guardrail at NJMP. I have been chasing the set-up since I got the Cortex coilovers and other suspension pieces installed in August and have not figured it out. I'm taking the rest of the year off to think about a plan for next year. At least the damage was mild but quarter panels and a couple of new Forgestars are not cheap.

IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0588.JPG

Not cheap, but not too bad.

Which track?

At least its at the tail of the season.
Well....over the weekend I put my Boss into the turn two guardrail at NJMP. I have been chasing the set-up since I got the Cortex coilovers and other suspension pieces installed in August and have not figured it out. I'm taking the rest of the year off to think about a plan for next year. At least the damage was mild but quarter panels and a couple of new Forgestars are not cheap.

View attachment 5227View attachment 5228

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thunderbolt. Last session on Sunday. Crested turn 2 and got on the power like I had all weekend. Not sure if I caught the curb wrong or just got on it a second or two too early but it just snapped right and across the track backwards through the grass. It was still somewhat soft/wet from Friday rain but not as slick as it could have been.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Pulled the breather off the Boss for her first smog.

Discharge test on the B2015 Braille in the Boss seems to be working fine. Took 15 days to drain to 12.45V and charge + float cycle looked good monitoring V and A hourly.

Based on the stable float amperage, the sitting current draw looks like 7-8 mA. Pretty consistent with the estimated charging Ah. ~15% cycle based on the stated 21 Ah for the battery.

The Braille on the FakeR seems to be holding up well and I've continued using the single solar panel to float. I usually see voltages in the 13.5 to 13.8 range when I spot check.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I should have gone with the Braille when I replaced mine. I went stock, that worked.....not. Dead in a year. Replaced under warranty.

Do you still have stock exhaust? Did they show you the results? When I used to smog test my 1969 Vette in Washington state. She beat the standards by a large margin.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Broke down and ordered some G-Loc pads R16 and R10 from OP here and new hardware. Tyme to sell my spare Hawks.

Also found a good deal on some brand spanking new front DBA T3 5000 slotted two piece rotors. Normally around $940 but picked them up for $660.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have a set of DBA hats looking for some rotors..... mean time just got a set of regular dba oem type rotors..... dam those rings are expensive ....

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel