The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had my stock hood repaired that I f-uped and with the help from my buddy Rick we installed the trackspec vent. Gonna block up the stock vent and give her a wrap in the coming weeks

View attachment 12732

View attachment 12733

View attachment 12734
I did my 12 two years ago.Their workmanship is awesome and no more overheating worries,
I think the airflow through the engine compartment is just too restricted no matter how large your coolers are.
This definitely solved that problem.I'm going to fab up some sort of easily removable cover for those rainy track days.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
I did my 12 two years ago.Their workmanship is awesome and no more overheating worries,
I think the airflow through the engine compartment is just too restricted no matter how large your coolers are.
This definitely solved that problem.I'm going to fab up some sort of easily removable cover for those rainy track days.
Yep thanks man, looking forward to see how it performs on track. Knock on wood with the big c&r rads the temps are pretty good,sometimes drive on street so ac condenser still blocks some airflow.Good idea on the cover have to look into it

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Results of the additions. The Meziere water pump performed well. Adam says about 530hp at the crank. Looking forward to The Glen in May!

View attachment 12727
Doc, Just to confirm, that was with the LM cams, Cobrajet manifold and VMP TB as well?? Would be delighted by those same numbers when I finish my car in March.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
12 hp is a nice number for the water pump... Getting tempted again.... maybe after I recover the credit card balance from the porting and bigger valves on the heads. If I remeber right @ArizonaBOSS got 467rwhp from his similer setup (without elec. pump).

I assume you have LTH with no cats etc?? Did you happen to have your MAF flow rate??

I assume you have LTH with no cats etc?? Did you happen to have your MAF flow rate??
Exactly.....LTH, no cats. I will have to hook up my laptop and turn LiveWire on to see the data. I have done pulls for Shaun and sent him the data but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I leave it up to him. It was under 20 degrees last night so the Boss isn't going anywhere. It's not street legal so getting data is no longer an easy thing. If that data can be had sitting still then no problem.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Exactly.....LTH, no cats. I will have to hook up my laptop and turn LiveWire on to see the data. I have done pulls for Shaun and sent him the data but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I leave it up to him. It was under 20 degrees last night so the Boss isn't going anywhere. It's not street legal so getting data is no longer an easy thing. If that data can be had sitting still then no problem.

If I could be really bold, could I ask you to send me the last log that you sent to Shaun?? Love to see what I can shoot for with the same setup (minus the water pump so far). My email is [email protected]

Utah
Finally ordered coilovers.Ground Control 500/250 race valving.I've been on P springs and stock Boss dampers.
Can't wait!
I tracked my first two years on FRPP adjustables with P springs. Moved to a similar setup as you about three years ago with Ground Control. I am now at 550 front and 250 rear with double adjustables. If my experience is any indication, you are going to love it on track. Frankly, I love it on the street too and found it to be less harsh than the FRPP suspension. Seems to me the FRPP suspension is over dampened for the spring rates.

Utah
Just finished by beginning of the season compression test on the old 3V. 113K miles, been tracking it for 5 years about 12 to 14 days a year. Here are the numbers. I had to purchase a new tester, so I don't have a good baseline as these are a bit higher than my other tester from years past:

1 - 185
2 - 177
3 - 179
4 - 182
5 - 183
6 - 182
7 - 181
8 - 182

Number 2 has always been the low cylinder for me. Knock on wood, the car keeps getting better with age. Wish I could say the same about me!

TMO Supporting Vendors