The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Congrats on your 32nd Anniversary and it does seem there are alot of guys on here who have been married a long time ( I am getting close to 43 years ), and I wonder if it is like the old adage , " If you find a girl who really loves cars, marry her!" Heh, if driving nice is what keeps your marriage going , small area to give up. See you at the Mustang Roundup this year!!!

Who knows, but when she buys you race tires for you birthday you have found a keeper.

drano38

Wayne
Ha, she married me because I looked good in an Air Force uniform!
And she was willing to follow me up and down the central time zone for 20 years, and kept things going at home while I flew around the world influencing enemies iron and TNT.
Looking forward to Roundup 10. Seems like yesterday we were at Roundup I

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So, for 1/3 of your married life you have been going to the Mustang Roundup, so logically that means if Mustang drivers want to have a Happy Marriage they should come and race with us in October? Mustangs, Marriage, and MPH , the three Mustangteers of happiness!

drano38

Wayne
For sure, owning a Mustang and going to the Roundup is a great way to ensure a happy marriage.
Don't know if that's deductive reasoning or what. Been a while since I've gone to skool.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Replaced the stock mufflers with 2011 GT500 mufflers. Love the sound.

In retrospect I should have installed them last year when I replaced the cams, manifold, and installed the Kooks shorty headers & MRT After-Cat H-pipe. I didn't just in case the headers & H-pipe sounded too loud. They changed the tone a bit but the volume barely changed.

The GT500 mufflers give it just the right throaty sound without being obnoxious.

They were practically brand new take-offs (4000 miles). Best $200 I've ever spent on the car.

My track vids may not look any better but at least they'll sound better...

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Honked the horn and Ms. Sweet Lorraine sounds sour. I thought fer sure she was mad at me until I remember I turned the horn upside down for a mod I did so long ago, I don't recall which one.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Just installed a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft. It really stinks that it’s completely hidden tho.
Would love to see some more photos of the car in a vehicle profile (and a build thread).Then you can show us all the cool stuff that is hidden to everyone else. :D

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Finally had a chance to open up the front air ducts by removing the fog lights and bezels. Also cut the inner fenders liners to accommodate more air flow. Next removed the dust plates and fabricated some air deflectors onto the stock Brembo's. ( I stole a page from Vorshlag's play book ! ) Massive air flow compared to the stock Boss set up with no ducting to get crushed.

bossducts2.jpgbossducts.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice custom carving Carver , now go have yourself a Molson and call it a Colossal Canuck Construction Day --- proud of you man !!

Boss reps from your Boss Brother in the Beef State of Knee Brass Kuh!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
She was born in Newport News, VA. Her life there was very brief before her Military father moved her to Denver. She never lived in corn country but that's where both her parents are from and many of her knuckle-dragging relatives reside. Making fun of Nebraskans stems from the old CU v. Neb college football days. Truth be told, the children of the corn are mighty fine folks.

TMO Supporting Vendors