The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
I took a chance on buying drilled rotors from DBC last spring. I ran them at 2 track days and then left them on for rest of the season. Have to say no complaints so far. They performed excellent with no signs of heat stress or cracks. No fade on the track. I think my DIY cold air ducting and deflectors also helped !!

https://www.crossdrilledrotors.ca/

Bossstorage.jpg
bossducts.jpg

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Decent prices, slotted 380mm fronts for my car are $50 cheaper than the stealer charges for the OEM part! Might have to give them a try next time I need rotors. I generally prefer blanks, my experience is pads last longer with them than drilled or slotted with no noticeable change in brake performance, it's too bad they don't sell them that way.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Decent prices, slotted 380mm fronts for my car are $50 cheaper than the stealer charges for the OEM part! Might have to give them a try next time I need rotors. I generally prefer blanks, my experience is pads last longer with them than drilled or slotted with no noticeable change in brake performance, it's too bad they don't sell them that way.

I did the dot4 flush, ducting and drilled rotors all at the same time and it made a huge difference but I don't have any way of breaking it down without putting the blank OEM's back on and seeing if or how it changes performance. I will try that next season ! :cool:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It's been awhile since I had here out other than to bring her home from the COVID nest that was suppose to extricate the gremlin. I took her out for about a half hour cruze around the hood and she behaved quite well. Of course the temps were in the high 50s to low 60s here in Colorado and there was no shutdown due to heating. I'm waiting on a new harness to try out with the newer VCT solenoids.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
All I managed to do this past week was charge up the battery.. air up the tires... and put a few finger prints in the winter dust protective coating I had installed... I don't. like it so I will need to remove it when the weather cooperates again... cold pouring rain today.. snow tomorrow maybe.. ugh..
just enjoying pi day.. (blueberry).. and looking forward to Reubens on St Patrick's day..

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Mass
i changed my oil and filter and also removed my hood grills for a repaint.
decided that they should be the same sterling grey as the rear spoiler and my mirrors.

also decided that my front splitter is not the correct color and ill be removing it. going to use it as a template and make my own. ill paint that one the same as the body color..which is school buss yellow.

any one in need of a factory splitter let me know. ill have one for sale soon

Mod: added cap to first word.
Is it a LS splitter ? Let me know how much you want for it ? Thank you

I moved to Germany last fall and was able to take the winter tires off the boss last weekend. I had to drive across the country for a work event this week and spent most of my time on the autobahn (A3, A9, A66) between 100-125 mph and still got my doors blown off by some audi/bmw/benz cars! I had a couple all out runs and topped out at 161 mph...and it was emotional (read sweaty pits and palms). A couple of observations...(1) the car runs nice and smooth up to 125 (2) Still averaged about 19mpg...relevant because gas is expensive here (3) i was expecting fuel cutoff at 155 but did not happen (4) 160 is like turning up the volume to 11 than even going 125. I did start hearing a whistle but not sure where it was coming from (5) the hood shook a bit but that was it...i was half expecting it to rip off right there on the a-bahn.

All in all, it made a boring trip exciting as hell! I have some, but not a lot, of track time in the boss. This was a certainly a very different go fast experience in the ride. I have to put on new hubs, brake pads, and auto-blip and will start hitting the ring on a regular basis. It's only about 90 min away from where i live. Since all of germany has been in lock-down since i got here, this will be a fun outlet until things start opening up.

TMO Supporting Vendors