The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Way cool and are you stationed at Spangdahlem--- that is about 90 minutes away. Do keep in mind the Nordschliefe eats das rotorzz und pads, zo du mustten, Getz zum sehr gute schtuff fur Ray Sing.

The trees are budding and the leaves are starting to hatch around here.....the lawn is green and growing and will need mowing soon....this is why I love winter....everything is sleeping, except those lousy snow storms.......................summer is around the corner.....................START YOUR ENGINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Well, I know I had ball joints and a tie rod that were bad. And might as well upgrade if Im touching it. Was chasing the clunk in the video, so I will see this weekend if it still occurs. Not shown in the images are the MM castor camber plates also installed. When the drivers side strut was pulled, the strut mount was so shagged it fell apart and the bearings went everywhere. Apparently that thing was dead so it might have been part of the noise.

Out with the old, in with the new. Took about 2 weeks working late nights in my garage. Got the alignment done today. Excited to see if I can tell a difference.

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Sidenote. I needed to do the tie rods and ball joints. I'd considered doing the front, then driving a bit and seeing how that worked, then changing the rear, but I didn't have time to wrench, test, evaluate and repeat. For the RMSCCA race school this weekend, I needed a big bang to complete work before Saturday.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Since I decided to keep the Boss S all I did today ( actually yesterday ) was use one of my Credit Cards to show my full commitment to the Mustang Mistress of Speed! Money was charged at Chicane23 with Jonathan Blevins and then Johnny Miller at TrackDayTire hammered it again for some new Toyo RRs ( 315/30/18 ). My wife said she was not looking forward to months of Ramen and Mac and Cheese!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Since I decided to keep the Boss S all I did today ( actually yesterday ) was use one of my Credit Cards to show my full commitment to the Mustang Mistress of Speed! Money was charged at Chicane23 with Jonathan Blevins and then Johnny Miller at TrackDayTire hammered it again for some new Toyo RRs ( 315/30/18 ). My wife said she was not looking forward to months of Ramen and Mac and Cheese!

Gotta get creative, maybe try ramen and cheese? For date night just cut up some hot dogs to throw in it and light a greasy rag (for ambiance)!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks Chris, the next thing your are going to tell me is to put on the Soundtrack of " Madame Butterfly," stick a couple of chopsticks in with the Ramen, eat the hotdogs raw, all the while telling my wife it is Asian Fusion with Beef Sushi Meat Rolls!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Thanks Chris, the next thing your are going to tell me is to put on the Soundtrack of " Madame Butterfly," stick a couple of chopsticks in with the Ramen, eat the hotdogs raw, all the while telling my wife it is Asian Fusion with Beef Sushi Meat Rolls!
I mean, if that's what you're into, no judgment here Bill! ;)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sadly yesterday I took the BOSS to a celebration of life for an old Mustang friend... it was quite the show at the mortuary... tomorrow should be a better day starting at cars & coffee... a cruise on Sunday if the rain holds off
:(

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Operation: Front-End
  • DIY Oil Cooler ("Texas-sized")
  • FRPP Lightweight Tubular Bumper
  • FRPP Tow Hook
  • Splitter and associated hardware
Started yesterday. Don't expect to be done this weekend. I am Captain Meticulous and a very slow mechanic. But have a good head of steam, so let's see how far I get.

View attachment 64855
that cooler is awesome....what model # seatrab is that?

TMO Supporting Vendors