The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Salt Lake City, UT
Nice group of cars ! How did the Rotary Mazda stack up?
He didn't race on Saturday and we finished P1 in class and P3 overall. Two Corvette group 6 cars out horsepowered us but they both broke for Sundays race. We out qualified the Mazda be a little over 2 seconds for Sunday's race.. But when the race came he turned it on. At the start he and 3 other cars out horsepowered us into turn #3. We passed one car before the oval and then passed the next 2 cars on lap 3. The Mazda then had about 5 seconds on us. We were gaining about 1 1/2 seconds a lap and our clutch let go with about 3 to go. It probably would have been touch and go at the finish if we could have got to him before the oval it would have been close but if we both got to the oval about the same time I think he would have cooked us. He ended up being P1 overall on Sunday.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ran Vipers on and off for years, and there is no way you should have been able to outbrake , out corner or outrun him , congratulate yourself and we are not worthy ------ worthy is the proper word, as Thor is within!! Funny , considering if the Viper was Scotty B. White's car or Cindi Lux's , I could have sold it new.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Salt Lake City, UT
Ran Vipers on and off for years, and there is no way you should have been able to outbrake , out corner or outrun him , congratulate yourself and we are not worthy ------ worthy is the proper word, as Thor is within!! Funny , considering if the Viper was Scotty B. White's car or Cindi Lux's , I could have sold it new.
Bill - I think it was Scotty B.'s. Bob and Kyle Kelly had the car. I just don't think the car was working properly. You are correct in that the Viper should have kicked our butt.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Went to Auto Club Speedway last weekend at put "Thor" on the pole for group 6 and group 12 cars. Good day for "Team Fight CANCER". Surprised everyone with our little V6 Mustang.

View attachment 70459
Nice job on pole! What was your P1 lap time? Which race series?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I removed a stock passenger seat and seat belt set, which then led me to remove the fire supression tank. Talked to Hoerr racing who is able to recertify my fire set up, but I might switch from foam and replace it with the fe36 (or whatever it's called) gas. Also, the current hoses go to the engine and trunk compartments only, so I might keep things as is and add a handheld extinguisher for the cockpit. Either way, I really enjoy learning about this car by working on it - Chicane23 did a fairly stellar job building it as far as I can tell.

4C9C95B8-A1B8-4245-A9E4-94B67C409EA7.jpeg

82846AD3-45A0-4DA5-9876-9009ADCCBC06.jpeg

F1512814-4263-40A2-A9D7-4E1706161DBF.jpeg

CD532534-61B8-4343-84F8-D0E4E276326D.jpeg

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
the current hoses go to the engine and trunk compartments only
What's in the trunk that needs a nozzle - you may consider moving the trunk nozzle to the passenger compartment. Give this a read, especially the parts about protecting the driver and using a nozzle for the fuel cell.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
What's in the trunk that needs a nozzle - you may consider moving the trunk nozzle to the passenger compartment. Give this a read, especially the parts about protecting the driver and using a nozzle for the fuel cell.
Good info DaveW, I might end up purchasing a new system that isn't foam based and will cover the cockpit.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I am not sure if it is for sale. Part of the owners son's collection. Then some one said 115K. It is at Marshall Mize Ford in Hixson Tn. Phone is 423-401-9995.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I am not sure if it is for sale. Part of the owners son's collection. Then some one said 115K. It is at Marshall Mize Ford in Hixson Tn. Phone is 423-401-9995.
Oh I'm not looking to buy it...I was just wondering what one would go for.
I'll be rocking my old s197 till the cows come home.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I started shopping for a couple options for the car....
Considering 18x11s so I have a street set and a track set of rims (plus the hub/lug upgrade). Also evaluating what options for restricting. And looking at CAI + Tuner. So window shopping for a couple things, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Right now its sitting in 2 inches of melting snow which is pushing me towards a set of street tires.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
I removed a stock passenger seat and seat belt set, which then led me to remove the fire supression tank. Talked to Hoerr racing who is able to recertify my fire set up, but I might switch from foam and replace it with the fe36 (or whatever it's called) gas. Also, the current hoses go to the engine and trunk compartments only, so I might keep things as is and add a handheld extinguisher for the cockpit. Either way, I really enjoy learning about this car by working on it - Chicane23 did a fairly stellar job building it as far as I can tell.

View attachment 71331

View attachment 71332

View attachment 71333

View attachment 71334
That car was in a showroom not to far from me. Its got some nice parts on it. Have fun with it!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel