The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I took the cover off Sweet Lorraine today and wondered when the f@%k I was going to get her fixed and back on the road again. I retired at the end of March though do some consulting and thought for sure I'd have the tyme but I swear I seem busier than when I was working full tyme. Between my girl getting ready to head of to the Colorado School of Mines this fall, getting my late MIL's house fixed up to help sell it for my wife, all these camping trips my lovely Wench set up this summer and all the other BS life throws at you, the car has been ignored. I don't know how some of you guys do it. Obviously it takes a crap load of dedication that I seem to be lacking these days and I'm not getting any younger. Rant over - Tyme to crawl back into my hole.

Last edited:

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Boy. bad weather like that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!...Is that a lite yellow 1968 442 parked next to that yellow roadster in the back of that pic?...maybe ...maybe not...front end makes it a little iffy to tell....could be a Chevelle, all tho I don't remember that color on a Chevelle.
Yes, that is a light yellow 442 convertible. .. the charity fundraiser show was for the owner... sadly he could not make the show... but he is doing better.

Installed my Setrab 948, now it’s time to find a suitable route to run the oil lines.
Improved racing is nearby so I’ll probably get them to make them.
Any tips for running the lines would be appreciated

FCEA263A-D1FE-4781-B9AF-967E9DC95003.jpeg

Last edited:

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Autocross at the State Fair grounds parking lot this weekend. Running CAM-C. 4th place Saturday (1st Stick Axle) and 2nd place on Sunday (1st Stick Axle). Got to work more on braking harder and stop over driving corners. My front tires will be happy to move to the rear axle after this weekend. Severe understeer in some sharp corners from too much speed, late braking and trying to rapidly change directions.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Installed my Setrab 948, now it’s time to find a suitable route to run the oil lines.
Improved racing is nearby so I’ll probably get them to make them.
Any tips for running the lines would be appreciated

View attachment 86836
Hey Mike, I ran the 2 hoses from my Setrab 925 toward the pax side, thru the block-off rubber partition (cut a hole), around the pax side of radiator, under my stabilizer bar, along the front side of epas box, then up to the 180° t-stat. There were no sharp edges to contend with along this route. The oil pan undertray provides added protection when fastened.

20200906_163307.jpg

20200911_162957.jpg

20200906_163252.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mike, I ran the 2 hoses from my Setrab 925 toward the pax side, thru the block-off rubber partition (cut a hole), around the pax side of radiator, under my stabilizer bar, along the front side of epas box, then up to the 180° t-stat. There were no sharp edges to contend with along this route. The oil pan undertray provides added protection when fastened.

View attachment 86940

View attachment 86942

View attachment 86944
Thanks for the message, I installed my lines last night. I must have read every oil cooler post on this site.
Hoping to finish the install tomorrow

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Thanks for the message, I installed my lines last night. I must have read every oil cooler post on this site.
Hoping to finish the install tomorrow
One other mod I did to protect all the cooling fins up front was to fasten #10 SS mesh screen (Pegasus Racing) to the aft side of both lower + upper Grille openings.

20200919_174343.jpg

20200920_101213.jpg

20200920_174041.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
View attachment 87037
Just finished up a fresh round of mods. Torsen diff w/ 3.73 gears. Whiteline rear UCA and swaybar. C2Aero side and rear splitters. Autometer dash pod with Boost (incoming), Wideband and Oil Press gauges. Need to dial in the alignment but pretty close to ready for Nelson Ledges.
Damn! That car looks angry!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Getting my newly acquired Boss 302 up to an acceptable running order.

it came on horrible lowering springs with arguably functional koni yellows. Off brand tires, mismatched front to rear. Brake fluid was almost brown, all fluids questionable etc

this weekend I :
Did all spark plugs
Replaced serpentine and AC belt
Replaced front and rear pads and rotors (Hawk 5.0)

up next: fit OE suspension and OE tires (Pirelli P Zero)
AC still doesn’t work so maybe replace the compressor….

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Getting my newly acquired Boss 302 up to an acceptable running order.

it came on horrible lowering springs with arguably functional koni yellows. Off brand tires, mismatched front to rear. Brake fluid was almost brown, all fluids questionable etc

this weekend I :
Did all spark plugs
Replaced serpentine and AC belt
Replaced front and rear pads and rotors (Hawk 5.0)

up next: fit OE suspension and OE tires (Pirelli P Zero)
AC still doesn’t work so maybe replace the compressor….
Skip the P Zero Pirelli's unless you already have them. The Zero stands for zero grip.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Skip the P Zero Pirelli's unless you already have them. The Zero stands for zero grip.
Lol I’ve driven P Zeros and liked them because of how sharp the steering felt. That was a specific OE fitment for the car I work on. The other option I’m eyeballing is the PS4S if I can stomach the cost.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Some times wonder why Pirelli still makes tires. All the decent Michelins are a far superior tire, though I imagine Pirelli must make some pretty good slicks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel