The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Opened an American made box......
2016%20headers_zpsfctgmpib.jpg

to find a set of 1 7/8" ARH headers with catted direct connect extensions to plug and play with my Corsa X pipe cat back system. Won't have the install done until after Road America :'(, too much to do over the next week and a half.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If I did it all over again I would go ARH over Kooks. The ball-clamp joints on the Kooks headers are really annoying and always loosen; x-pipe extremely close to the trans crossemember.

voodoo child21 said:
Have them on my 2011 too. Great fit and performance.
Did you DIY the install or have it done?
Steve
I installed the headers myself. I also prototyped the headers for ARH on the GT350. Install is pretty much the same as your 2011. The driver side is a breeze. I just removed the steering shaft from the rack and pinion and in it went.

I DID NOT loosen the firewall steering shaft support like others say to do. In my opinion that's unnecessary.

The passenger side I removed the starter and motor mount bracket. (Do not remove the rubber motor mount, just the aluminum portion of the motor mount needs to be removed). Once the stock headers are removed, remove all the header studs.

I used a porta power to raise the right side of the motor about 1" or so. This allows the long tube to slide right in without any issues. You can also use a floor jack with a 1x1 board or piece of tubing etc. I used the ear on the block above the starter mount to jack on. Just be careful and take your time.

From start to finish, I had about 5 hours in all removing and installing the headers. I also used ARP 12 point stainless steel bolts and lock washers.
55aebd1ec4c499b8770cd9744319cd4c.jpg
0c6dae1bd034f55c9350c3d194da64a1.jpg
1f25fe5b2e2b225055270b07098bf0d3.jpg
e3b0f9b66b4c1649cce923a846f94e06.jpg

This is everything I used to remove and install the headers.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Finally got around to installing the MGW Gen 3 race spec narrow box in my 2016. Originally purchased in March, I almost sold the piece as I thought the new S550 shifter was improved and acceptable for track and street use. After last weekend at RA I am glad I held on to it. The shifter just seemed to gain more and more play both on track and on the street.

The latest MGW is just about perfect for a true enthusiast and racer. I followed all of George's instructions on his videos and even on my standard jackstands in 90 degree heat I got the job done in 4 hours start to test drive with a 1/2 hour break for lunch. Being able to install the boot on the shifter box and then dropping it in from the top saved at least an hour. luckily my reverse gate stop was right on the money from the factory so I didn't have to remove the boot to adjust. I give this product 4.9 stars (nothing is perfect). Thanks to George for making another fantastic product.
Steve

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi 8250RPM:

LTH install in 5 hours, that is excellent!

I spent the better part of 2 days on my back under the Boss installing my Kooks Super Street headers! Then again I spent a few hours on cleaning and detailing the bottom side of my engine bay, k-member, etc.

Again, nice job!
2HP

302 Hi Pro said:
Hi 8250RPM:

LTH install in 5 hours, that is excellent!

I spent the better part of 2 days on my back under the Boss installing my Kooks Super Street headers! Then again I spent a few hours on cleaning and detailing the bottom side of my engine bay, k-member, etc.

Again, nice job!
2HP

Lol. I detailed the underside with wax. That took over 5 hours alone.

Got my new number plates today. Modeled after the CTSCC numbers and 50 in memory of Paul Brown 2011 PWC GTS champion in his Boss 302.

47178053-37C9-4B43-9991-830C959FCBB1_zpssicry2he.jpg
937e2318-4aee-47ea-b5ab-310ab49511bb_zpsa6wjtlru.jpg

Off topic...I can't tell if your car is an R. If it's not are you able to put that style wing on without having to get a new decklid?

Darth Boss said:
Off topic...I can't tell if your car is an R. If it's not are you able to put that style wing on without having to get a new decklid?
It's a new deck lid and your options are that or have the holes filled and repainted. My stock deck lid is stored in my attic in case I ever want to reinstall it. Chris @Carbon2Carbon is working on a CF piece that will cover the holes. Stay tuned.

VoodooBOSS said:
It's a new deck lid and your options are that or have the holes filled and repainted. My stock deck lid is stored in my attic in case I ever want to reinstall it. Chris @Carbon2Carbon is working on a CF piece that will cover the holes. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the heads up. I have an email to call him but was too busy today at the office.

As far as what I did today on my GT350....I prayed the spoiler and small chips in the paint are being repaired correctly and by Friday so I can have her for the weekend...and I ordered some Redline Tuning hood struts since I loved them on my Boss.

VoodooBOSS said:
Got my new number plates today. Modeled after the CTSCC numbers and 50 in memory of Paul Brown 2011 PWC GTS champion in his Boss 302.

47178053-37C9-4B43-9991-830C959FCBB1_zpssicry2he.jpg
937e2318-4aee-47ea-b5ab-310ab49511bb_zpsa6wjtlru.jpg

That looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the numbers from? I've been looking for numbers in that font for a while. Are you going to Sonoma for the Shelby Mini-Nats August 6-7?

RaiderJatt02 said:
That looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the numbers from? I've been looking for numbers in that font for a while. Are you going to Sonoma for the Shelby Mini-Nats August 6-7?
Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Mini Nats this year due to a scheduling conflict. This will be the first time I won't be there in five years. Make sure you join TMO at Sonoma on August 25th.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10464.0

I had Falcon Graphics make the numbers. They are the onsite shop that made the decals for the GT350 Track Attack cars. Make sure you mention you saw them on TMO. Contact info is:

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
at Miller Motorsports Park
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

VoodooBOSS said:
Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Mini Nats this year due to a scheduling conflict. This will be the first time I won't be there in five years. Make sure you join TMO at Sonoma on August 25th.

I had Falcon Graphics make the numbers. They are the onsite shop that made the decals for the GT350 Track Attack cars. Make sure you mention you saw them on TMO. Contact info is:

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

Yep! This is who I also used to make mine a few months back. They do great work!

VoodooBOSS said:

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

Thank you! I'll definitely have to get myself a set when I settle on a number. And as much as I'd love to, I can't do 2 track days in a month. I'm stretching my funds too far as it is while still trying to pay off the car. My choice was between the Mini-Nats and the TMO day. I chose the Mini-Nats and this will be my first time at the track with my own car. The only other time I've ever been on the track was at the Track Attack in Utah and one Autocross event with Goodguys. I definitely want to join TMO at a track day in the future though and I've been lurking here for a while. Plus, I need to see your car in person. It's my car's Northern California sibling! Yours and another one in Fresno are the only Race Red's I know of up here so far.

I know of another RR w black stripes tech pack local to me.

Take it easy at Sonoma and don't get caught up in "racing" with the other cars on track. There are lots of places to get into trouble on that track and most of them can lead to disastrous results. You're welcome to come hang out with us on the 25th. Bring your helmet and I'm sure you can get a ride in someone's passenger seat.

TMO Supporting Vendors