The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finished installing my roll bar today.

BE54ACA1-B92B-4705-A8B3-7B7878EDD6B4_zpsljijbgmy.jpg
0464C88D-D59B-4F97-84B1-33A71CA1E447_zpsgboxlplj.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
Yes I used Schroth clips on the stock seat bolts. The tunnel side is very tight and you may also consider using the stock seat belt mounting point but that might be tighter.

B60A7ADE-783F-49A3-A65C-A976CC545CC4_zpsvneyoidl.jpg

Rick,

If I am looking at that bottom photo correctly, I think there are a couple of problems with the belt installation.

First, the schroth clip/strap needs to be oriented in the direction of force in an accident. I think the strap needs to rotate at lease 90 degrees toward the front of the car.

Second, the wrapped belt needs at least 2" of webbing beyond the black turnbuckle above the quick release in the photo. I only see about a 1/2" in the photo.

If I am just looking at the photos wrong, I do apologize.

Steve

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
voodoo child21 said:
Got the Anderson Composites heat extractor hood on. Great fit, saved about 14 lbs. Carbon finish until i can afford to paint it.

IMG_0271_zpsk3adedsb.jpg
IMG_0270_zpsfwclcxqs.jpg

Nice weight savings! Plus increased air flow & lower pressure too.

Will you install a set or two of hood pin latches?

Keep the updates coming and more S550 / S197 race videos please. . .
2HP

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Completed my engine oil cooler install. Kept the factory oil to water cooler by using an Improved racing spin on adapter, a Canton Aluminum remote oil filter mount and the Setrab 916 matrix from my old Boss 302S setup. Used some steel angle, 70mm long M8 bolts, 1 1/2" of bronze bushings as spacers and the Setrab mouting kit to mount the cooler from existing bolt locations on either side of the hood latch. Mounted the filter on the drivers side frame rail using factory holes in the flange and a sheet aluminum plate to bridge them. Three lengths of -10 Aeroquip Startlite hose with 2 90 degree/ 4 straight -10 hose ends. Glad I got it done as engine oil cooling is a must when using all the revs available to a GT350 or GT350 manifold equipped Coyote, will also take some load off of the coolant and keep CHT down.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel