The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo child21 said:
Completed my engine oil cooler install. Kept the factory oil to water cooler by using an Improved racing spin on adapter, a Canton Aluminum remote oil filter mount and the Setrab 916 matrix from my old Boss 302S setup. Used some steel angle, 70mm long M8 bolts, 1 1/2" of bronze bushings as spacers and the Setrab mouting kit to mount the cooler from existing bolt locations on either side of the hood latch. Mounted the filter on the drivers side frame rail using factory holes in the flange and a sheet aluminum plate to bridge them. Three lengths of -10 Aeroquip Startlite hose with 2 90 degree/ 4 straight -10 hose ends. Glad I got it done as engine oil cooling is a must when using all the revs available to a GT350 or GT350 manifold equipped Coyote, will also take some load off of the coolant and keep CHT down.
Nice work, do you have any photos of your install?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nothing , it is not here yet, so..............................................

I sit in my office at work, make revving motor noises ( heh, getting pretty darn good , so don't laugh) , and watch every video from Black Boss or Voodoo Boss and others and pretend it is me in the seat. Getting good at that too, already faster than Voodoo and Black at two of the tracks they run ( well, in my mind and remember I have the high revving motor noises down damn well ) .

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Flogged the GT today at Laguna Seca......with big power.....and slicks.....in the rain.
Made sound and broke nothing. :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
F.D. Sako said:
Mission accomplished!
First time at this track: Ran mid 1:40's in the rain....Tortured another Vette. Broke nothing. It was a good day. ;D

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
302BOB said:
When you break nothing while making a vette suffer you're doing great...keep up the good work!
Just realized I'm in the wrong thread...sorry.

15241894_10154729724438535_3152528924405383535_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
voodoo child21 said:
Sorry it rained on you Fabman but California does need it. Car is pretty cool, did you say you worked in NASCAR Cup? If so was it a Ford team?
Steve
I owned a Race shop and designed/built championship stock cars and components back in the 80's/90's.
I also had a very successful racing team. I used my own car to prototype new ideas and passed polished products on to my customers. I've competed in many forms of racing, but oval track is where my heart has always been. When the politics of racing became too much to bare I sold out and moved to the bay area to start my career in industrial fabrication. I hadn't even looked at a race car until recently and wanted to try something different. So here I am. Many of my employees, students and proteges have gone on to much success in racing, some into (then) Winston west and Winston cup racing as crew chiefs and team owners. A few recently contacted me on FB and posted some very heartwarming testimonials regarding my influence and affect on their success. Brought a tear to my eye let me tell you.

Fabman, Just keep in mind............Money spent on a drug habit is Completely wasted!!!!..While money spent on your car may only be partially wasted! BIG difference if you think of the potential performance possibilities........... more BAM for your buck as in GO BABY!!!!!...or GIDDYUP times you name it.. ;D .....speed is so stupid...right???????????????????????................only to people that don't have a clue or L.E...(get rid of those Hemis)..they're in my way!

Sorry Everyone . We Need L.E.....they serve a vital role in our safety & well being!....not to mention the parking ticket money they generate.....just kidding! Please support your local L. E. all that you can!!!!!.............posting this to get to post #1600 was purely unintentional............. :D

The stars aligned and I was able to work with a shop to order my new wheels--Forgestar 18x10 +42 in Bronze Burst (hopefully). I say hopefully because an hour ofter the wheels were ordered, I changed my color option from anthracite to the Bronze Burst. I will know later today if the change is allowed.

Now the 6-8 week wait on the wheels. That will at least allow me to get some tires. Gonna go with MPSS in 285/35/18.

4b3a31179931e66446033b697ef94a85.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel