The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui
Well i didn't do all of this today, but over the last few weeks.

Redline hood struts
15723414_10154803679623704_8701247339612490930_o.jpg

Big Worm Graphix pinstripes
15675957_10154803679613704_1845988790050636335_o.jpg

15625585_10154803679618704_3335908282277187530_o.jpg

Diode Dynamics HP80 reverse light
15723444_10154803679638704_5713839482094994621_o.jpg

So after over a year wait I received the call last Monday that my car had been delivered. I flew to Dallas Wednesday morning to complete the paperwork and take delivery. I had already decided that I would make a road trip of bringing it home to California. I took Hwy 118 down to Big Bend National Park and Terlingua to do something other than just interstate highway miles which was by far the most enjoyable part of the drive. Here's a few pictures from my journey.

The big day!
IMG_0594.jpg

Paying homage
IMG_0615.jpg

Terlingua Ghostown
IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
So after over a year wait I received the call last Monday that my car had been delivered. I flew to Dallas Wednesday morning to complete the paperwork and take delivery. I had already decided that I would make a road trip of bringing it home to California. I took Hwy 118 down to Big Bend National Park and Terlingua to do something other than just interstate highway miles which was by far the most enjoyable part of the drive. Here's a few pictures from my journey.

The big day!
IMG_0594.jpg

Paying homage
IMG_0615.jpg

Terlingua Ghostown
IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Im so stealing these pics....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW, TX
All the pieces are in place to start tracking with more safety.

Watson rollbar arrived today from OP, forum vendor. The harness clips and harness from another forum member in the classifieds.

The clips should work with a little massaging. Same with the rollbar.

But where is my car? Not at the mid America Ford meet. Not at home. It's at the dealer with a squealing accessory drive bearing. At least that is what I think it was. Not confirmed yet, but the dealer called to tell me it's low on oil... Checked it before I left for left for Tulsa for the Ford event, only drove 100 miles before turning back and arriving at the dealer. Hmmm...25166f4ae49a00195fad60170dea28b7.jpg

Good luck with the dealer, hopefully it is nothing too major, that would suck!

Do you plan on powder coating the rollbar a different color?

DFW, TX
Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.

Good luck with the dealer, hopefully it is nothing too major, that would suck!

Do you plan on powder coating the rollbar a different color?

The service advisor got me a little worried today when he said the tech told him it was 3qts low on oil. Now, I checked it before I left, so 3 qts in 100 miles of 2000rpm driving would have meant something real bad.

So went up there to see for myself. Yes, its low, but like 2/3-1qt low not three. So the dealer said they were waiting on some "approval" from Ford, a little blurry here, but I think the tech thought he heard "internal" engine noises.

But they still had not heard the noise that I did. I asked them to take the belt off and check the accessory and pulley bearings. At least talking directly to the tech, he now knows exactly what I was trying to describe.

So they want me to get an oil change, which I don't think it needs , but... what the heck. (When the other dealer did the oil line recall, the owner's manual binder vanished, so my records are gone...) I'll let them do it.

Now, is the tech really hearing something?? Or did he misinterpret what the advisor wrote down and going down a blind alley. What I heard was a bearing going bad. I don't see how that could have been an internal engine noise, but a cam tensioner maybe, dunno.

Do you think 2000rpm running could use more oil than running it hard?

The car arrived home from the oil recall a half quart low. Did the dealer top it off, but I suddenly have oil consumption issues??

Not enough data points, but the noise I heard was real. Hopefully they will find a bad idler pulley and the oil consumption can be monitored more closely.

Forgot about rollbar coating. It is more that with a helmet and a HANS the seat may have to recline more than the crossbar will allow. So the color is not primary concern, but not having to strip powder coating to modify bars was the motivation.

All the pieces are in place to start tracking with more safety.

Watson rollbar arrived today from OP, forum vendor. The harness clips and harness from another forum member in the classifieds.

The clips should work with a little massaging. Same with the rollbar.

But where is my car? Not at the mid America Ford meet. Not at home. It's at the dealer with a squealing accessory drive bearing. At least that is what I think it was. Not confirmed yet, but the dealer called to tell me it's low on oil... Checked it before I left for left for Tulsa for the Ford event, only drove 100 miles before turning back and arriving at the dealer. Hmmm...25166f4ae49a00195fad60170dea28b7.jpg
Happy to see that it arrived, still don't know why NC is on the way to TX from FLA....How did the box fair?

The service advisor got me a little worried today when he said the tech told him it was 3qts low on oil. Now, I checked it before I left, so 3 qts in 100 miles of 2000rpm driving would have meant something real bad.

So went up there to see for myself. Yes, its low, but like 2/3-1qt low not three. So the dealer said they were waiting on some "approval" from Ford, a little blurry here, but I think the tech thought he heard "internal" engine noises.

But they still had not heard the noise that I did. I asked them to take the belt off and check the accessory and pulley bearings. At least talking directly to the tech, he now knows exactly what I was trying to describe.

So they want me to get an oil change, which I don't think it needs , but... what the heck. (When the other dealer did the oil line recall, the owner's manual binder vanished, so my records are gone...) I'll let them do it.

Now, is the tech really hearing something?? Or did he misinterpret what the advisor wrote down and going down a blind alley. What I heard was a bearing going bad. I don't see how that could have been an internal engine noise, but a cam tensioner maybe, dunno.

Do you think 2000rpm running could use more oil than running it hard?

The car arrived home from the oil recall a half quart low. Did the dealer top it off, but I suddenly have oil consumption issues??

Not enough data points, but the noise I heard was real. Hopefully they will find a bad idler pulley and the oil consumption can be monitored more closely.

Forgot about rollbar coating. It is more that with a helmet and a HANS the seat may have to recline more than the crossbar will allow. So the color is not primary concern, but not having to strip powder coating to modify bars was the motivation.

Hopefully nothing serious, Service Advisors are usually that because they do less damage in the cubicle than the shop LOL. Always better when you can directly speak with the mechanic working on your car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel