The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
I have not "done" anything, but my credit card has melted. Ordered the last item today for my upgrade project.

4 x 19x11" Apex wheels, 4 x TPMS, 2 x R front hubs, 2 x 28mm hub-centric spacers, 4 x 305/30r19 SC2s, but I saved about $900 with various sales.

Where's that UPS driver??

Last edited:
DFW, TX
I have not "done" anything, but my credit card has melted. Ordered the last item today for my upgrade project.

4 x 19x11" Apex wheels, 4 x TPMS, 2 x R front hubs, 2 x 28mm hub-centric spacers, 4 x 305/30r19 SC2s, but I saved about $900 with various sales.

Where's that UPS driver??
Pretty...

Tires and front R hubs ETA: Thursday
Spacers...unknown

283c8ebee106d1b67185e111e82b19c2.jpg
a50cb7781d0fe614179564d8d9084e29.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Did you find the TPMS for a reasonable price?

DFW, TX
Very nice. Did you find the TPMS for a reasonable price?

The cheap deal doesn't seem to be around. TPMS-39 for $36 from Tire Rack was the best deal I found. Arrived in one day. Even my friend at a Ford dealer could not meet that. You must have to buy in bulk to get the price lower.

I have some "rubber" valve stems for std mustang, f150 that could work but I'm not trying them this time. Four for $60. They are rubber coated brass, but you could swap the valve stems easily.

Received my Track Pack Spoiler today. Plan on installing it over the winter. Also purchased a set of white front splitter SHELBY overlays and will be installing those as well. Other plans include the FP transmission cooler and external pump then using FORSCAN to enable the tranny oil temp in the gauge display.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
I did a test fit on a pair of Speedhut gauges to replace the factory PP gauges. Took a little work to assemble them into the factory bezels but now matches the rest of the gauges nicely.

Thinking of wiring the oil temp sensor into my mishimoto sandwhich plate and oil pressure sensor into the factory pickup location. Anyone done something similar on their S550?

b79d5414e0e666c0a8f76b87eabdeab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks guys. I picked them both up for ~$240 shipped from a Black Friday sale (20% off). I could have done the GT350 gauge cluster for an easy plug-n-play solution for a similar price but I like the idea of a true mechanical gauge vs. the inferred temps on the OTG.

OPG:
https://www.speedhut.com/gauge/GR-OIL-01/1/Oil-Pressure-Gauge-0-100psi-(w--warning)
OTG:
https://www.speedhut.com/gauge/GR-OILT-02/1/Oil-Temp-Gauge-140-300F-(w--warning)

They come with their own sensors and I don't believe you can use the factory OPG wiring/sensor with the gauge. It will require some wire splicing and creative routing but I'll figure that out once it warms up a bit in the garage.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel