The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
Replaced my front hubs with R-hubs for my 19x11" square setup and de-rattled my stock shifter the cheapo way (no MGW shifter yet.)

Used my caliper pad spreader and caliper stud extensions I bought from fellow forum members and it made things so much easier.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Nothing too special here, replaced paper filter with Ford Performance one, Ford passenger side oil separator (I has anyone pick up any substantial oil on the drivers side?). Just ordered Ngauge with Lund E85 Flex tune.

Last edited:

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
S550: got it back from the bodyshop after having an incident with my trailer. Spoilerless now, but have a GT350 valance and spoiler waiting for it (well, UPS buzzed the tower today with the valance panel but didn't bother to walk the 10 feet to hand it off :/

S197: ordered some 18x11 EC7's and fresh R7's. Making a ton of changes coming up.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I did a test fit on a pair of Speedhut gauges to replace the factory PP gauges. Took a little work to assemble them into the factory bezels but now matches the rest of the gauges nicely.

Thinking of wiring the oil temp sensor into my mishimoto sandwhich plate and oil pressure sensor into the factory pickup location. Anyone done something similar on their S550?

b79d5414e0e666c0a8f76b87eabdeab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do they have anything like this for Non-PP Mustangs?

HMMM, Seems someone snuck in and did some power shifting while Dad was "watching" your car.Hard to believe loc-tite didn't hold things together.At least you'll be upgrading to a Tremec. Keep us updated on the swap! Update... The post this was in reference to has been moved to "what did you do ...S197"...sorry for the confusion............

Last edited:
Thinking of upgrading my brakes to these monsters. ;)

E8F1AF7F-DD4C-4F08-8EDF-7ADD7798FB61.jpeg

I did some PPF on the rear quarter area of the car (front and rear of the rear wheels) and headlights the other day. When I bought my car it already had some little rock chips on the front end... Trying to decide if I want to spend the money for XPEL on the front or not :confused: It's not that hard to throw some roadwrap/trakktape on the front for track use...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Did Xpel on mine and imho it is a level above Clear Bra. I like that you can do a ceramic coating process over it and it looks stellar. I did my entire hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors , side panel extentions, behind each wheel and probably the most important part , about 7 inches above the front windshield. Make sure you have them go down the 1/2 inch or so that the roof dips down to said windshield . That area gets hammered at the track.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If not too many ( chips ) it is not a bad idea to do a little touch up, then cover over, as they become invisible, to a degree. Biggest issue with track cars are rock chips, tire residue , etc. and ( Clear Bra/ Xpel ) is an easy way to avoid a repaint on many areas.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel