The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

mattlqx said:
Ohai digital gauge.

IMG_0956.jpg
I like it. Can you post more info on the gauge and where you purchased it?

mattlqx

Mustangless

cloud9 said:
Is that similar to an Aeroforce gauge that plugs into OBD-II? What readings are you looking for that we don't get already? I have put digital gauges into all my previous Mustangs, but finally felt like Ford gave us adequate gauge info on the GT350.

VoodooBOSS said:
I like it. Can you post more info on the gauge and where you purchased it?

It's an OBDII gauge, but it also has two ports for analog readings if you're so inclined, which is kind of nice. If you buy a tune from someone at this point, it's likely this is the device they'll package with it. The manufacturer only distributes to tuners apparently. I got mine from Weir Racing who was doing a New Years day promo for a Lund tune. Haven't installed the tune yet, because apparently I'm not brave enough, but the day will come.

As for the readings, the LEDs at top can be programed to any OBD PID that it can read. I have it set to Lambda currently. But you can read, display and log a bunch of stuff that would come in handy when the car is tuned, spark advance, knock sensor, etc. The big one for me is transmission fluid temp since I have a Tech pack and isn't surfaced in the center display gauges.

Ive been checking the cassens tracking info every few hours

'broke the seal' by actually driving it to work today (the weather is nice and I have a covered garage at work...biggest issue was the speed bumps entering the parking garage...but it cleared...oh, and setting off a bunch of car alarms inside the garage...lol).

As such, the kids got to drive the Boss to school. Gotta share the love.

mattlqx

Mustangless

Added a UPR catch can setup today.

I was going to wait for the FP catch can but supposedly whenever that does surface it, it will only be the dirty side. So I sprung for the UPR dual side setup. Materials are nice and mounting is nice and clean. Well, at least as clean as the rest of the factory hose mess encasing the engine.

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
Shopping!

As my mod lists grows I was looking at the Moroso coolant expansion tank. The stock one if fugly and I always wanted to install a Moroso on my Boss. Hopefully this fits the GT350.

https://lmr.com/item/MOR-63806/mustang-coolant-expansion-tank-moroso-stainless-1516-63806

s-l500.jpg
That Moroso coolant expansion tank would look would look sweet if it fits. I ordered one for my Boss when Steeda had a sale on them.

302BOB said:
From what I understand, the "POP" of the 5.2 happens when you're hearing it not looking at it. My Boss has a nice "POP" of its own.. ;)
8250 red line, FPC in a 5.2L (never done before).......the last thing I want to think about is "pop" :eek:

Drove it roughly 40 feet by backing it out of the single stall garage into the double garage so I could start disassembling it :p

.IMG_20160123_145330_zpsoz1qz8rz.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

New car disassembled in the garage = Wifie saying WHAAAT? At least in my garage!

Looks like your getting ready for the cage install.

Just about 22" of snow over the last 24 hours, so that was fun playing with the snow blower, but it would have been better if it had a TracKey option!

Good luck with your cage install,
2HP

Got a few more break in miles today as the roads were dry and the temperature broke above freezing :eek:

So here's the issue for anyone who wants to add a circuit using the passenger fuse box, which uses a combination of Micro2 and Micro3 fuses. The fuse taps have have a slightly wider flange each side, making them too wide to go into the fuse box slots:

IMG_2115_zpscdqqsqcg.jpg

I ended up using a very sharp blade to trim them back -- takes some care as they are so small. Both sides need trimming:

IMG_2118_zpsq0prfc4r.jpg

Here are the fuse taps installed:

IMG_2123_zpsazr3djip.jpg

Not a lot of choices as several of the fuses are Micro3's and there are no taps for those, also I prefer not to add current to 30 amp circuits.. Ended up using Fuse 2 for constant feed (Driver seat module & folding mirror??) and Fuse 33 for ignition on, switched feed (Audio Control Module -- not a lot of current there in a R without audio!)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel