The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
Now that’s funny . That wing probably cost more than the $5000 I have spent on my car this year. Now if I could find some wrecked wings I could make 1 good one in the composite shop at work.

DFW, TX
Now that’s funny . That wing probably cost more than the $5000 I have spent on my car this year. Now if I could find some wrecked wings I could make 1 good one in the composite shop at work.
$12k from what I understand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DFW, TX
Use face book messenger to "Nate Stacy Racing" for yours. $20

Provide address and email and t-shirt size.

They are racing this weekend and he said they will start processing this next week with a PayPal request.4d8642fabeb4beb0e7795f2dc57f0afd.jpg453e9002d72642b603b82a25c66cd5a2.jpg

DFW, TX
Trimming the underside of the hood for the GT4 vent.

I'm not sure when I'll swap hoods and work on the aero-latch hood pins.

The front end also has to come off for the modified front grill and FP tow hook.

At some point I to decide how much of the hood to repaint. It's Magnetic and the car is Shadow Black. I have some anthracite Apex wheels that kind of match the Magnetic color. Then maybe red or silver stripe between the two colors.d7b62d8484c19a74245d0f700e829a94.jpg

Took the front bumper off to fix the splitter install that the dealership did wrong! If you have not checked yours on the gt350r please do. 4 of the main support bolts ( the 45 degree ones ) were never even installed.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Tried adding some drag and lift in exchange for better cooling:

5f631d097b520b20d517e71e29f0d633.jpg

Car is overheating just driving around and still doesn’t have cool AC, goes back to the dealer for round 5 next week, but in the interim opened up the front grille, and installed some trackspec vents obtained from opmustang.com

4f2b603dd6d0f5be2c16fbe05ef1c7bf.jpg

43dd5d1223ef0bb89d24f02bdab4492c.jpg

31b1e28057c4f5ca6fccd761ad1c7976.jpg

d918c2efcb1d1bdae7e96471a9dbfc07.jpg06bcb68c39809df297fc0461f10a9993.jpg

Hopefully get it fixed and cleaned up next week and I’ll get some good pictures taken. Not pictured is a Steeda (gasp!) splitter. Its not nearly as well designed as the oem performance pack undertray but its going on as a matter of looks and not effectiveness. I’ll look at cutting away the brake splitter channels but we will see. Car doesn’t see any track time.

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a AIM solo 2. I used it for the first time last evening at Gingerman Raceway test n tune. The thing is great. So much better than running the phone app. No more crashing as the worst time. Best of all is the real time feedback while driving. The LED lights are great at giving me exactly where I am at in regards to my lap time. Green and I’m ahead of my best time, red and I’m falling behind. I shaved almost 3 seconds with three sessions ran. Ran a 1:45. Getting down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a AIM solo 2. I used it for the first time last evening at Gingerman Raceway test n tune. The thing is great. So much better than running the phone app. No more crashing as the worst time. Best of all is the real time feedback while driving. The LED lights are great at giving me exactly where I am at in regards to my lap time. Green and I’m ahead of my best time, red and I’m falling behind. I shaved almost 3 seconds with three sessions ran. Ran a 1:45. Getting down there.

Don't go setting a track record already! Way to go!! Fun track!41a638aaa100032367d1eadd1473448a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Don't go setting a track record already! Way to go!! Fun track!41a638aaa100032367d1eadd1473448a.jpg

Thanks. Yes it is s fun one. Plenty of run off area which I have never had to use thankfully. The fastest time I’ve seen from TMO out there with their GT350R stock was a 1:39 something I believe. There is definitely room for me to improve in my corner speeds and brake points. I’m set up with lighter wheels and stickier tires on my GT350 as well as running the FP springs.

US
I have rear tire grip issues there. I need more rear grip ! The off camber extension especially. Carousel as well. And then I need more power on the straight. As my car sits I don't know that I have more than a second or 2 at max I can get out if it there.

I have rear tire grip issues there. I need more rear grip ! The off camber extension especially. Carousel as well. And then I need more power on the straight. As my car sits I don't know that I have more than a second or 2 at max I can get out if it there.

Yeah that off camber throws people. That’s one point I need to carry more speed. Get more downforce? What are you driving? A guy running an S550 with cams, E85, etc and getting 500+ off his NA motor was getting 1:38-1:39 range there. His car is also stripped, running a whole suspension setup, big front splitter, rear wing. Time attack guy. Nice to see that a bone stock 350R can match his time attack setup with all the stock suspension and extra weight.

US
Im in a stock Boss 302 LOL! I got way less power and suspension. I do think adding a rear wing would help and a Watts link, coil overs etc, but being that I only get to the track maybe 4 weekends a year...do you dump $10K more into the car for that? I have not done so quite yet! Id like a new model so Im holding out so far. Im happy with what I am getting out of the car as it is. Looking forward to seeing your video-- POST UP!!

TMO Supporting Vendors