The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

Today I installed my ford oil catch cans. Easy to install. I like the oem fit and finish. I did notice on the right side (passenger side) oil can that the top hose is easier to fit when you install it opposite of what the instruction picture shows. I also spoke to Mike at Girodisc about GT350 Rotors. He said they just need a front and rear rotor to take measurements to make them. I'll send mine in sometime next week so they can start. Their rotors will be a true 2 piece and should save a little bit of weight he said. The main difference will be no cross drilled holes which are stress risers. I also spoke to Tim at hogan intakes to see what can be made to fit under the stock hood of a GT350. I'm shooting for 650-700 crank hp on E85. Right now on a 93 octane lean tune and shutting it down at 6000 Rpm my AFR was 14.02. with just ARH long tubes and off road X pipe I'm at 603 crank hp and 511 RWHP. I'm sure with the right tune and 2250 more RPM and E85 I'm knocking on the 650 crank hp door. Time will tell. Also spoke to Nick at ARH. He called me and side they have a GT350 In-house and dyno tested it baseline stock and with the same headers I'm running but with a H pipe and cats it made 29 more hp and 19 lb-tq at the wheel with a AFR around 12.5:1 on stock tune and 93 octane. Tomorrow they will dyno it with a X pipe in place of the H pipe and we're still both using the stock mufflers. Pretty impressive!!! I'll keep you all tuned.

SCGT500 said:
Early bird?

Look what he drives, he just got there quicker. LOL
I like that! I work in investments so my day starts relatively early.

Scott I installed my hose the same direction and I think @cloud9 did as well.

VoodooBOSS said:
I like that! I work in investments so my day starts relatively early.

Scott I installed my hose the same direction and I think @cloud9 did as well.

interesting. I was not happy with the way that hose fit when I installed it per the directions.

I'm still waiting for the driver's side to arrive.

I did an oil change yesterday - at 930 miles.
drove home in some decent rain - weather mode does a nice job.

I was busy in the garage this weekend. Installed the same round of mods many others have already done.

-Suntek PFF (full hood, bumper, partial fenders, lights, mirrors, door handles)
-FR AO separators
-350R wheel
-350R calipers
-SRP pedals

Going back to Omega Werks this week for a full ceramic pro treatment. I was always a bit skeptical of these coatings, but seeing a few P-cars done and the test samples was pretty eye opening. Just banging my head I just dropped $200 on a new batch of detailing products that I wont need for a long while!

krt22 said:
I was busy in the garage this weekend. Installed the same round of mods many others have already done.

-Suntek PFF (full hood, bumper, partial fenders, lights, mirrors, door handles)
-FR AO separators
-350R wheel
-350R calipers
-SRP pedals

Going back to Omega Werks this week for a full ceramic pro treatment. I was always a bit skeptical of these coatings, but seeing a few P-cars done and the test samples was pretty eye opening. Just banging my head I just dropped $200 on a new batch of detailing products that I wont need for a long while!

ya, sound like a busy weekend.
two questions:
1) where'd you get your aos's? (the place I ordered my drivers side unit from still hasn't gotten it to me
2) how much does the ceramic pro treatment cost?

hope you enjoy those srp pedals...I've had them in every performance car I've had for a while...I'm a big fan.

I ordered everything from Autonation White Bear Lake, received everything the week before last. I have yet to test the pedals out but I can tell heel-toeing will be much easier now.

The ceramic pro pricing varies on how many layers you apply and if you get the wheel/tire/glass package. The basic 5 year warranty package starts at $1200, then you can go up from there. The high end packages include a lifetime warranty, so if you do damage it you can go back to get it touched up. They do a full detail/paint correction prior to application so a lot of the cost is that labor.

krt22 said:
I ordered everything from Autonation White Bear Lake, received everything the week before last. I have yet to test the pedals out but I can tell heel-toeing will be much easier now.

The ceramic pro pricing varies on how many layers you apply and if you get the wheel/tire/glass package. The basic 5 year warranty package starts at $1200, then you can go up from there. The high end packages include a lifetime warranty, so if you do damage it you can go back to get it touched up. They do a full detail/paint correction prior to application so a lot of the cost is that labor.

What exactly is the ceramic pro and how does it differ from xpel or 3M clear bra?

Its complimentary to it, its basically a ceramic coating that permanently bonds to the paint (or clear bra). Its extremely hard so it resists scratching/swirling and its hydrophobic, so makes washing the car very very easy. Basically no more cutting/polishing/sealing/waxing. The clear bras can aslso get discolored from solvents/bird poop/etc so this will prevent that as well. Doing it on the wheels/brakes as well to make washing off brake dust much easier

Opticoat and Cquartz are similar products but the ceramic pro seems to have the best warranty, with 4 coats applied it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Thank you. That helps.
Do you use your car as a daily driver?
Is the ceramic pro worth getting if you keep your car garaged and put less then 1000 miles a year on it?

Not my DD, I drive it on weekends and an occasional Friday to work, so 3-5k miles a year. It will also help clean off rubber marks from the marbles at the track. Hard to say if it would be of value to you, I plan to keep this one for a very long time so it was worth the investment. You can only cut/polish a car so many times before you run out of clear so not sure how much you care about the finish. Mine is white and a pita to keep clean, so that was a big plus for me as well.

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Yeah I'm aware of the factory paint. My family owns a body shop. I just never used any ceramic paint coatings. My last mustang I bought new and completely stripped it down to a bare shell and I repainted the whole car inside,out and bottom because I wasn't happy with the finish. I don't want to go that route with the Shelby. I was considering the xpel or 3m. As of now I have no paint chips and I know it's gonna happen sooner then later. Right now I only have 200 miles on the car since I took delivery December 2nd. I plan to keep it until I die lol. I'm very OCD and anal so I'll have to check out the ceramic coating. Does the car need to be masked off? What about glass, black plastic trim etc?
Sorry for all the questions. Mines magnetic with black ott stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, Thill in the spring is always nice. I bet it sounded fantastic down the front straight

@8250RPM im not sure about the masking, will ask tomorrow when I drop it off.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel