The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

VoodooBOSS said:
Hanging out at Thundhill for the 350's first track day.

1CE97CC0-E6A7-4A6E-B7D1-E3CE569F0F75_zpsuvu4nvty.jpg

Oh man the Race Red/no stripe looks good...really makes the black accents pop.

CSL said:
Looking forward to the first impressions write up 8)
I'll post my impressions in my Red Pill thread a bit later. Needless to say I was impressed...a lot. And the brakes are phenomenal. ;D

installed the driver's side AOS (already had the passenger side on).
Installed stickers to cover the airbag warning stickers on the visors.
Confirmed that the ford racing hood strut kit doesn't fit the gt350 hood. bummer.

fuhrius said:
installed the driver's side AOS (already had the passenger side on).
Installed stickers to cover the airbag warning stickers on the visors.
Confirmed that the ford racing hood strut kit doesn't fit the gt350 hood. bummer.
Nice. Was the driver side as easy as the passenger side? It's on my list for Saturday along with my GPS lap timer and cleaning out my trialer of spare Boss parts to make room for spare GT350 parts.

VoodooBOSS said:
Who made the stickers? I had a guy on eBay make some custom ones for me but I haven't received them yet. The stock airbag stickers are HUGE!
Just do what I'm going to do and remove the driver side visor completely ;D. I catch my helmet visor on it with my race seat installed. It even happened to me in the Track Attack cars with the stock seats.

cloud9 said:
Nice. Was the driver side as easy as the passenger side? It's on my list for Saturday along with my GPS lap timer and cleaning out my trialer of spare Boss parts to make room for spare GT350 parts.

yes, it was super easy.

VoodooBOSS said:
Who made the stickers? I had a guy on eBay make some custom ones for me but I haven't received them yet. The stock airbag stickers are HUGE!

a place called 'Zombie Stickers'...they were $8 shipped and fit great.

Installed my driver side oil separator today. I ended up replacing the factory push pin on the strut tower that holds the sound deadening in place with a new one from my kit. It was tougher than heck to take out so I figured a new one wouldn't come out either. It seems to be anchored in pretty tightly between the two push pins and the nut. I assume everyone installed the nut over the top of the factory nut holding the airbox in place? I didn't do any trimming.

I was going to ask fuhrius if he did any trimming but realized he has an R and I don't think they have that material.

20160409_144514_zpsc4qnnzck.jpg

cloud9 said:
Installed my driver side oil separator today. I ended up replacing the factory push pin on the strut tower that holds the sound deadening in place with a new one from my kit. It was tougher than heck to take out so I figured a new one wouldn't come out either. It seems to be anchored in pretty tightly between the two push pins and the nut. I assume everyone installed the nut over the top of the factory nut holding the airbox in place? I didn't do any trimming.

I was going to ask fuhrius if he did any trimming but realized he has an R and I don't think they have that material.

20160409_144514_zpsc4qnnzck.jpg

I installed mine the same way FP nut on top of other factory nut...and I replaced the push pin on the shock tower...and mine was also hard as heck to pull out).
curious that the directions say you need to trim material for the non-r cars because my R has material in the same place...not sure it's supposed to, but mine does. I did trim a small square out of that material...it was really hard to get the the push pin to reach without having trimmed it.

Should I have removed the factory nut holding the air box down and replaced it with the one that was supplied by Ford Performance in the kit?

What did you do to your GT350 today?

2581d3e897adef9198140df10478dc17.jpg
cloud9 said:
Should I have removed the factory nut holding the air box down and replaced it with the one that was supplied by Ford Performance in the kit?
I didn't because it made the oil catch can arm crooked. I left the factory air box nut on then the oil can then the supplied nut. I'm pretty positive they supplied the new nut so you didn't have to remove the existing air box nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8250RPM said:
2581d3e897adef9198140df10478dc17.jpg I didn't because it made the oil catch can arm crooked. I left the factory air box nut on then the oil can then the supplied nut.

Thanks, that was the reason I left it as well. Looks like it's a nyloc so shouldn't vibrate loose.

I left the insulation under the rear arm too.I used a longer push pin from my collection.
Mine fit the best with the original nut left on.The worst part of the fit up is the short hose on the PS.

VoodooBOSS said:
Tested my wipers and Weather driving mode for the first (and hopefully last) time. My car is at @CorteX Racing so they can finish up their CC plates.

9BEFDF4A-122F-4A4A-A093-897BB4C5D404_zpsikbumagz.jpg
Sorry you got stuck in the rain. At least you don't have 8" of snow like I do here in SE Michigan

I ordered the GT350R splitter, my numbers, and I'm making my own jack blocks from delrin for myself and another member. I'll keep you posted as I go. As of now I just finished squaring them up in the mill. I still have to machine them to size and shape, drill and counterbore the holes.5d34cb64e7040c36dde5b6d19f1c56f1.jpg

I have been so busy with my business I haven't had time to work on my car. I still have a pile of parts to install and should have it done in the next two weeks if all goes well. I'm also hoping vorshlag has the camber plates done by then since I'll have the front and rear suspension out of the car and parts being powder coated.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel