The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Spain
Took of the "Road Warrior" temporary cheap man's paint protection film I installed before my trackday on Sunday. It was the third time I installed this type of PPF, and while not as easy to get of as in the adds, it is getting easier and easier to get off as I get experience with it.

I got a couple of stone chips (one on the front pillar, could hear the stone spun up be the car in front hit me), but none in the areas where I had applied the PPF, so noted I need to apply it to some more areas next time. Also have a big roll of genuine 3M PPF that I will try to apply myself to some areas, with the help of 3M's "knifeless tape", but dubious on whether I will manage to make it look good. Will see.

20201223_132434.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Spain
Took of the "Road Warrior" temporary cheap man's paint protection film I installed before my trackday on Sunday. It was the third time I installed this type of PPF, and while not as easy to get of as in the adds, it is getting easier and easier to get off as I get experience with it.

I got a couple of stone chips (one on the front pillar, could hear the stone spun up be the car in front hit me), but none in the areas where I had applied the PPF, so noted I need to apply it to some more areas next time. Also have a big roll of genuine 3M PPF that I will try to apply myself to some areas, with the help of 3M's "knifeless tape", but dubious on whether I will manage to make it look good. Will see.

View attachment 60699

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I've used that road Warrior stuff often and you're right, first tyme removal was a bit tedious but I've removed it so often now that it's a ten minute max job. I like it because I'm not a big fan of the line a clear bra leaves.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Getting the Bullitt ready for VIR this weekend. Changed oil and filter. New Raybestos blanks and Carbotech XP20 for the front. Found out my rear pads, after a years use, were down to the rivets. So, just ordered a set of XP10 for those. Hopefully KNS can get them here by Friday afternoon. If not, oh well, not their fault. This is the first weekend in about a month I've actually felt decent enough to work on the dang thing. Still need to put some soapy water on it so I can get it dirty again at the track

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I changed the trans and rear diff fluids and installed a MGW shifter. I used a kit from OP Mustang. Tim’s kit supplied fluids, pumps and detailed instructions. The shifter from George uses the stock shifter knob. Both went well, no surprises.

Last edited:
I changed the trans and rear diff fluids and installed a MGW shifter. I used a kit from OP Mustang. Tim’s kit supplied fluids, pumps and detailed instructions. The shifter from George uses the stock shifter knob. Both went well, no surprises.
You’re going to love it

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Getting car ready for VIR in a couple of weeks. Changed the oil and filter, air, and cabin filters. will bleed brakes tomorrow. Hopefully my SuperCar 3's will show up so I can get them mounted. Was supposed to get them today, but they didn't show up like they should

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Got some new rubber for the sled. Found my old tires to be separating on inside edge from too much toe out and one was showing secondary rubber:(
2v2afAeTNx1Ybjq.jpg
Who said four tires wouldn't fit in the back of my son's Avalon:p

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
installed my Carbotech XP20/10 brakes. Bled the brakes with Motul 600. Installed my new Supercar 3's. Found a bad driver's side hub/bearing. Have appointment Thursday with local Ford dealer; car still under warranty, then track event next Saturday. Also checked my new GoPro helmet mount, which appears to function just as I hoped. Still need to wash it and wipe down the interior, but I have time over the long weekend

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Got a BMW CCA track event coming up this coming weekend. Oil and filter changed with Mobil 1. Brake pads assessed and fluid bled with Motul 600. Tires rotated around so best two on the front, and washed a bunch of road grime and brake dust off her. Paint is taking a beating. Will need to get it detailed during off season

TMO Supporting Vendors