The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Any update on Sweet Lorraine????...I hope its good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been fixing my daughter's 2013 Edge, Christmas lights, family and dealing with an mother-in-law with severe health issues. Haven't touched the car for over two months. Hope to get the car sorted out over the winter so I can get back on track in 2022.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well jump in there and join them too. As a member of both NASA and SCCA who alternates between Road Racing and Autocross , the disciplines are somewhat different but the concepts and racing habits learned will help you go faster. But , since I am a believer that almost all racing compliments similar disciplines as they require you concentrate , learn new skills and adapt to the courses at hand.

Last edited:
DFW, TX
Today was safety day. TMO vendor Mike Scott providing seat belt mounts; local Texas vendor Ultrashield, providing HANS specific harnesses with extra long sub belts; ,and a new Halotron fire extinguisher with quick disconnect roll bar mount.

I was not sure how long the sub belts needed to be but a quick call to Ultrashield and they added another 6 inches in length and they arrived in two days!

A friend talked me in to running the Big Bend Open Road Race event in a couple months. As I will have a navigator, I have to have the same level of safety equipment as the driver.

20220226_134142.jpg

20220226_150324.jpg

20220226_134155.jpg

Took the first step in getting out on track by finally buying a replacement helmet that's SA2020 rated. Last time I bought a helmet was for autocross and I think it was an M05. Then took a ride-a-long with forum member and friend @NoXiDe around Atlanta Motorsports Park which sealed the deal. Looking forward to getting the orange monster out on track again.

What helmet did you end up getting I just bought a new one as well and went with the bell k1 I have to say it’s an improvement over my old impact. Although the impact was nice and had some nice features it was heavy and a little big.

What helmet did you end up getting I just bought a new one as well and went with the bell k1 I have to say it’s an improvement over my old impact. Although the impact was nice and had some nice features it was heavy and a little big.
Ended up with a rather basic SA2020 G-Force Rift as I'm just dipping my toes back into driving on track/autocrossing so I couldn't justify a much more expensive helmet just yet.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Getting parts in, so installed a ZL1 Add-on two hook, removed the fog lamp area blocking plates, installed the Ford Performance tie down hooks, and set up my new MyLaps transponder. Waiting for the rear seat delete kit from Lethal Performance and just realized I need to order a set of brake deflectors from our friends at Vorshlag!!IMG_4594.jpgIMG_4592.jpg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Let's hear more about Katz's Deli.....mmmmm...deli.

Prolly need a tow hook to drag Bill outta Katz's after he slams down one of those things.

TMO Supporting Vendors