The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking hood and it appears even more aggressive than mine. They do help with some downforce, but the amount of air they pull out of the engine compartment is huge to keeping the motor cool!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Howell, NJ
"slowdown".....not in that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I know you enjoy every second driving those roads just as I do driving my ride in CT.....;):hellyeah:
Haha. I have a couple of loops right from my house that are pretty fun to drive but I lay pretty low except for a couple of pulls and fun S turns.
Great looking hood and it appears even more aggressive than mine. They do help with some downforce, but the amount of air they pull out of the engine compartment is huge to keeping the motor cool!
I went from a hood with Track Spec Louvers but it was beat up from the original owner so I got this one. It actually has less venting than my old hood but this GT 500 style vent seems to move a lot of air from what I can tell so I should have relatively equal cooling performance as I did last season.

I still may do a full cooling system upgrade but I ran on mid 90s days last season and car was fine.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Was able to finally get out with the Great Plains Region of the PCA on Saturday as was supposed to help Instruct and get in some track time -- burn off the rust from a long Nebraska Winter. There ended up not being a student for me , so I had a fun day free to run all the sessions I wanted. It was fun to see a lot of old friends because many who fell in love with track time can thank this PCA Region as they were inviting others to run with them over 20+ years ago. There are still some of the old timers out running and I have to commend MadHatter as keeping up with a Porsche GT4/GT4 RS down a straight was impossible for me. I think I shocked many though as braking and cornering the Clydesdale Pony stuck with everyone -- in fact I was only passed by a Ferrari 348 Challenge Cup car and a new GT4RS. I will admit to having a love affair with the Cayman and was hoping to get a student with one to show them the track ( RPM- Raceway Park of the Midlands ).

I am posting notice for those in the Midwest to look up the Great Plains Region of the PCA( gprpca.com) for some of their DE events this year , because they are reasonably priced , heavily based on safety and you will get more track time than almost anywhere -- there were 10 Sessions for everyone on Saturday. They focus on helping Novices, so those of you just getting started , this is a great environment for learning and getting plenty of time to focus on learning the track line, proper apexes, seating, course awareness, etc.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
New front rotors to replace the old cracking ones. New rear pads to replace the ones I burned up by running in track mode with the traction control activated. Finally had time to flush the brakes after I don’t know how many events. Brake fluid isn’t supposed to look like new motor oil is it? Still have to change the oil, differential, and order a new set of G-Loc pads from OPM before my next track day

TMO Supporting Vendors